DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari Tanzania-Kenya The VIDEO!!!

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This one is not a quickie. Don't watch unless you have the time to enjoy it ! Get a drink, and sit back to enjoy this 23:16 minute video, African Safari of Tanzania and Kenya. This was a two and a half week private tour (non- group). We flew from Miami to JFK, and on to Qatar,Doha and then Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. We had a private guide and vehicle throughout the journey. The tour was a tour of five (5) separate locations, mostly tented camps, mostly involving wildlife photography. 1. Arusha Coffee Lodge, Arusha, Tanzania 2.Tarangire National Park,Tanzania 3. Gibbs Farm and Coffee Plantation for Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara National park, Tanzania 4. Elehene Tented Camp -Central Serengeti,Tanzania 5. Kaskaz Tented Camp- Northern Serengeti,Tanzania 6.Alex Walker’s Serian Tented Camp, Maasai Mara, Kenya 7.Hemingway’s Hotel- Nairobi, Kenya.

Please be sure to go the FULL SCREEN (click small box lower right hand corner with the 4 arrows).

Use of the Mini 2 was limited due to strict regulations against flying over wildlife, so I tried to limit it to the camps, where I flew with my usual stealth technique. I regret not taking my MP2 but was afraid of confiscation at customs. I will probably put the Mini-2 up for sale after very little, if any use at all. I did use it also for a short segment at the begining at the falls.

Still image editing and video editing required 56 GB of data, and 5 weeks at the computer for about 8 hours a day!

Gear used as follows:
2 Nikon D750 DSLR bodies and 2 Nikkor 28-300mm lenses.One for timelapses and one for shooting
f/3.5-5.6 Nikkor
14-28mm f/4 lens
DJI Mavic Mini 2 drone
DJI Action camera
DJI OM4 gimbal
Really Right Stuff Tripod
Apple 11 iPhone pro Max
Software
Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro LR 5 Lightroom for timelapse sequences.
All video 4K,24fps

For best enjoyment, FULL SCREEN. As usual, all comments welcomed.

Dale
Miami

Last edited:
Dale...I knew I would not be abe to watch the whole thing, but I will resume it tomorrow...what I have seen so far is spectacular in the most superlative manner...I couldn't wait to see the beginning....now I can't wait to finish it up......you did a professional quality video ........I just hope that my wife and I get to take a similar trip in the not too far distanct future...thank you for taking the time for the production

Reactions: roger boivin
Dale...I knew I would not be abe to watch the whole thing, but I will resume it tomorrow...what I have seen so far is spectacular in the most superlative manner...I couldn't wait to see the beginning....now I can't wait to finish it up......you did a professional quality video ........I just hope that my wife and I get to take a similar trip in the not too far distanct future...thank you for taking the time for the production
Mark- You're gonna love the rest of it. Keep me apprised. Once you go to Africa, you will not be able to resist returning.

Dale

There is so much to say Dale: The biggest compliment i can give you is I wish it would have been a hour long.,
I paused many time thru to stay true to all that was going on. . All the faces you captured with each there own story.. The brutality with the immense beauty and love all around. Using the drone to capture the days end just fantastic.

If i could ask only 1 thing from you it would be to just to add your commentary or you beautiful wife voice so your heart can be added to the experience you shared with us all. Bless you Dale,..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rains in Africa

This one is not a quickie. Don't watch unless you have the time to enjoy it ! Get a drink, and sit back to enjoy this 23:16 minute video, African Safari of Tanzania and Kenya. This was a two and a half week private tour (non- group). We flew from Miami to JFK, and on to Qatar,Doha and then Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. We had a private guide and vehicle throughout the journey. The tour was a tour of five (5) separate locations, mostly tented camps, mostly involving wildlife photography. 1. Arusha Coffee Lodge, Arusha, Tanzania 2.Tarangire National Park,Tanzania 3. Gibbs Farm and Coffee Plantation for Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Manyara National park, Tanzania 4. Elehene Tented Camp -Central Serengeti,Tanzania 5. Kaskaz Tented Camp- Northern Serengeti,Tanzania 6.Alex Walker’s Serian Tented Camp, Maasai Mara, Kenya 7.Hemingway’s Hotel- Nairobi, Kenya.

Please be sure to go the FULL SCREEN (click small box lower right hand corner with the 4 arrows).

Use of the Mini 2 was limited due to strict regulations against flying over wildlife, so I tried to limit it to the camps, where I flew with my usual stealth technique. I regret not taking my MP2 but was afraid of confiscation at customs. I will probably put the Mini-2 up for sale after very little, if any use at all. I did use it also for a short segment at the begining at the falls.

Still image editing and video editing required 56 GB of data, and 5 weeks at the computer for about 8 hours a day!

Gear used as follows:
2 Nikon D750 DSLR bodies and 2 Nikkor 28-300mm lenses.One for timelapses and one for shooting
f/3.5-5.6 Nikkor
14-28mm f/4 lens
DJI Mavic Mini 2 drone
DJI Action camera
DJI OM4 gimbal
Apple 11 iPhone pro Max
Software
Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Pro LR 5 Lightroom for timelapse sequences.
All video 4K,24fps

Dale
Miami

Fantastic!!! Great story telling and incredible photos.... Thanks for sharing and hope you had an incredible time!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
There is so much to say Dale: The biggest compliment i can give you is I wish it would have been a hour long.,
I paused many time thru to stay true to all that was going on. . All the faces you captured with each there own story.. The brutality with the immense beauty and love all around. Using the drone to capture the days end just fantastic.

If i could ask only 1 thing from you it would be to just to add your commentary or you beautiful wife voice so your heart can be added to the experience you shared with us all. Bless you Dale,..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rains in Africa
That was the greatest compliment of all. I would encourage everyone to pause on the images which are the pick of the crop. I shot 20-30 images to come up with each image in that show. That image was edited very carefully. Because of the length of the show, I decided to limit the screen time for most images to 2.25 seconds, and some of the captions go by too quick, but I was really trying to keep the show times down.

I am still not into narration, microphones, etc. I'd like the images to stand on their own merits.

Thanks again, Phantom!

Dale

Great video! Thanks for sharing. Wish you could use the drone more. It would have been more awesome.
As noted, I was in national parks at all times. I was with a trained guide at all times. They do not permit drones. I had to fly at the camps with my stealth technique. Believe me, I would have launched that sucker in a New York minute!

Dale

Fantastic!!! Great story telling and incredible photos.... Thanks for sharing and hope you had an incredible time!
Thank you. I think you can see we did indeed have an incredible journey.

Dale

Gear used as follows:
f/3.5-5.6 Nikkor
14-28mm f/4 lens
DJI Mavic Mini 2 drone
DJI Action camera
DJI OM4 gimbal
Apple 11 iPhone pro Max
Software
All video 4K,24fps

Dale
Miami

You are a privileges person and skilled to the bone, i , as a former biology teacher, thank you for posting this extraordinary film......

You are a privileges person and skilled to the bone, i , as a former biology teacher, thank you for posting this extraordinary film......
You do me great honor! Thank you for watching.

Gear used as follows:
f/3.5-5.6 Nikkor
14-28mm f/4 lens
DJI Mavic Mini 2 drone
DJI Action camera
DJI OM4 gimbal
Apple 11 iPhone pro Max
Software
All video 4K,24fps

Dale
Miami

WOW! Well worth the watch. You expertly visually documented my vision of what my top Bucket List trip will look like.

WOW! Well worth the watch. You expertly visually documented my vision of what my top Bucket List trip will look like.
Glad you enjoyed it. Africa is magical and never disappoints. Each day on safari is different. You never know what you will see on that day's drive. In the first part of the video, we saw out first lion kill within 10 minutes of entering Tarangire National Park! We have been going to Africa for many trips over the years, and this was a kill within 10 minutes of the beginning of our first safari. It should be at the top of everyone's bucket list, but don't wait until you are too old, because you will want to return over and over again.

Dale

moi je trouve ce video incroyable,vous ete un pro je me suis permis de le publier dans ma page facebook ils fait que tous mes amis vois ca encore merci Dale
Vous avez moi permis de le publier dans votre Facebook, Merci pour votre mots gentils.

Congratulations on completion of this video. So many wonderful moments. Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on completion of this video. So many wonderful moments. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for watching it too! It feels weird to have it over! In the planning for nearly a year, and almost 2months in editing. Now I need a new project!

Watched the entire thing. I visited the crater as a child in 1968 as well as Mt. Kilimanjaro.
This is spectacular. Thank You!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78