DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari Pictures- group 17-Miscelleanous

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Here are some miscellaneous images on the 23rd of September towards the end of our trip and the last camp called Serian Tented Camp in the Maasai Mara i in western Kenya. These are semi-movable agents that are able to be taken down and erected quickly to follow the migrating herds. Nothing very fancy here. Bucket showers!, a large pail of water to ladle into a wash basin for washing or shaving, and a simple cot and hanging shelves. We basically lived out of the suitcases. But the large main tent had a great dining room and great food. How they transport it out here ( 2 1/2 hours drive from the air strip) is amazing to me. Click on image to enlarge, and click on the icons below which are slightly larger files. Morning game drives started with coffee at 5:30 AM, in the vehicle by 6 AM.

Dale

Warthog.jpgImpala Herd.jpg

Attachments

• Breakfast by Mara River.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • Bufffalo-Cape- close up.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • Elephant in our way.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • Elephant in the windshield.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Elephant on the road!.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • Guides waiting to start AM Game Drive.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • Our Tent-Morning Game Drive-coffee.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Serian AM Drive-vehicle HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • Serian Main Tent-breakfast HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
Very nice! Seems like the accomodations were comfortable. Nice place to have breakfast, I'd say.

Very nice! Seems like the accomodations were comfortable. Nice place to have breakfast, I'd say.
Yes-but you have to mind the crocodiles, as well as monkeys who try to steal the muffins.

• Haha
Reactions: Prop Wash
Great shots, Dale. And a nice bit of ‘glamping’
Regards
Hardly "glamping."! Google definition is ;
Simply put, glamping is a mashup between glamour and camping. It’s getting more and more popular in the Covid-19 era since it’s a great way to avoid crowds while traveling. Besides, you also get to spend time in the great outdoors without boil-in-a-bag lasagna. In fact, some glamping resorts are as well-known for their culinary fare as they are for their settings and bespoke guest accommodations.

When you treat yourself to a glamping experience, you’re likely to stay in a semi-permanent rustic shelter, such as safari tents, an outfitter-style wall tent, or a Mongolian yurt. Or in a tipi furnished with comfortable beds, seating areas, climate control, and access to delicious meals, or at least, the appliances to create them. You won’t be looking for level places to set up camp; no scouting for dry sticks or chopping firewood; and you’ll skip stuffing oversized tents into undersized bags. Still, it’s no fancy hotel accommodation either.

For some of us, any tent with a floor panel is pretty posh; for others, only a full-size memory foam mattress, wood-fired hot tub, and stocked mini-bar will do. In the end, it all comes down to what you personally prefer.

Here are some miscellaneous images on the 23rd of September towards the end of our trip and the last camp called Serian Tented Camp in the Maasai Mara i in western Kenya. These are semi-movable agents that are able to be taken down and erected quickly to follow the migrating herds. Nothing very fancy here. Bucket showers!, a large pail of water to ladle into a wash basin for washing or shaving, and a simple cot and hanging shelves. We basically lived out of the suitcases. But the large main tent had a great dining room and great food. How they transport it out here ( 2 1/2 hours drive from the air strip) is amazing to me. Click on image to enlarge, and click on the icons below which are slightly larger files. Morning game drives started with coffee at 5:30 AM, in the vehicle by 6 AM.

Dale

View attachment 137350View attachment 137358
Ah yes the african squad car or warthog as its commonly known in your first photo, known as the squad car by us locals due to the fact that when they're running away from anything the tail is always in the air like that on a police car, hence the nickname.

Thank you for that! The guide told us the tail goes up if the animal is stressed. They are ALWAYS stressed to me.

LOL
That was not a 26 inch TVs in the tent! It was a blackout flap.!!!the camp is on a generator and has weak wi fi in the main dining tent only

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Amazing clarity even after the upload. I just love that, hog? shot, what a bad ***! I guess you have to be either tough or real fast to last very long out there!

Amazing clarity even after the upload. I just love that, hog? shot, what a bad ***! I guess you have to be either tough or real fast to last very long out there!
Yes- they are both tough and fast. but the lions cannot resist going for that bacon, er...warthog. Those tusks can do some serious damage too.

Sitting here on a beautiful Saturday afternoon editing the video. It's a gorgeous day out there.

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d