DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After 5 days of intensive tracking, my Mavic Mini finally finds itself 15 cm from a Varanus Salvator

Very much like out Monitor lizards in Australia, same genus, Varanus.
Here, they are commonly called 'Goannas'.

See them often in various parts of the country, if you are nearby and they get scared, they climb the nearest tall tree, or you if too close !
Wouldn't like that with their claws.

You must be a reptile fan then, 5 days or searching.

Reactions: AeroFlix 4D
Very much like out Monitor lizards in Australia, same genus, Varanus.
Here, they are commonly called 'Goannas'.

See them often in various parts of the country, if you are nearby and they get scared, they climb the nearest tall tree, or you if too close !
Wouldn't like that with their claws.

You must be a reptile fan then, 5 days or searching.
I am actually a fan of reptiles and I use the drone to go to places where I would not want to go ???

I am actually a fan of reptiles and I use the drone to go to places where I would not want to go ???

Good idea with the drone use :)
Ex snake catcher here, but not willing to take on those Cobras !!
Even though most of ours are more venomous, yours have that nasty way the grab and 'walk' up the limb biting.

Good idea with the drone use :)
Ex snake catcher here, but not willing to take on those Cobras !!
Even though most of ours are more venomous, yours have that nasty way the grab and 'walk' up the limb biting.
I would love to fly with the drone in Australia, indeed you have so many different species, rare and dangerous. The more they are dangerous the more I like...

Last edited:
Great video clip. It shows a lot of creative shots.

where do you get your audio track. I,m getting tired of hearing the same old tracks from Movavi, but I don’t do enough video work to justify $8 (US) per month for an audio subscription.

Thanks again for your inspiration.
Try www.soundimage.org .... free if you credit at the end of your vids.

Great video clip. It shows a lot of creative shots.

where do you get your audio track. I,m getting tired of hearing the same old tracks from Movavi, but I don’t do enough video work to justify $8 (US) per month for an audio subscription.

Thanks again for your inspiration.
This music is free and comes directly from the YouTube audio library ... I downloaded it to be able to use it in any editing software. The title is Light Expanse

Thx for your comment.
Cheers

Reactions: Thomas B
Enjoyed the video but, as mentioned, it is way too long. Choose a few great scenes (you have quite a few here) and use those. May I also say that the same transitions were annoying after a while, straight cuts with the occasional dissolve would have enhanced the video.

Enjoyed the video but, as mentioned, it is way too long. Choose a few great scenes (you have quite a few here) and use those. May I also say that the same transitions were annoying after a while, straight cuts with the occasional dissolve would have enhanced the video.
The level seems to be high here, we can only improve with all these positive reviews

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas