DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket Propeller or Skin?

Jgruberman

Reactions
I purchased a pair of MAS Propellers for my MA2 and an aftermarket skin. Is there any issue with using either of these, primarily for flight performance, weight, etc? I just wanted to make sure any aftermarket changes I made didn't impact anything negatively. (Links above on each text item)

Reactions: tlswift58
Not sure about props, but I have that same skin for my Mini 2, other than looks, i dont think it add/takes away anything from the my drone's performance.

McG

the items you mentioned should not be detrimental to your drone ,the only time a skin can cause an issue, is if it has a metallic foil layer in it that can cause issues with the compass and the drones ability to lock onto sats

Reactions: Jgruberman
Not sure about props, but I have that same skin for my Mini 2, other than looks, i dont think it add/takes away anything from the my drone's performance.

the items you mentioned should not be detrimental to your drone

I didn't assume so since weight has to be extremely minimal addition but wanted to clarify in case there was some sort of "legal markings", "non-permissible colors", etc. Personally, I thought it would be good for added visibility but being new I didn't want to make any incorrect assumptions.

Reactions: old man mavic
I've been flying with a Decalgirl skin for a year with no noticeable impact on flight characteristics or endurance. Still using "factory" props, so can't speak to that.

I purchased a pair of MAS Propellers for my MA2 and an aftermarket skin. Is there any issue with using either of these, primarily for flight performance, weight, etc? I just wanted to make sure any aftermarket changes I made didn't impact anything negatively. (Links above on each text item)
MAS props work fine on my Air2. Skin should be no issue either (non-metallic vinyl).

I didn't assume so since weight has to be extremely minimal addition but wanted to clarify in case there was some sort of "legal markings", "non-permissible colors", etc. Personally, I thought it would be good for added visibility but being new I didn't want to make any incorrect assumptions.
If you want visible - invest in some strobes - good ones.

The skin will help is bright colored.

I've seen no real visibility enhancement with the MAS red props. Can't say any of the other "benefits" work either, as I don't test the batteries to see if they fly longer or faster.

If you want visible - invest in some strobes - good ones.

The skin will help is bright colored.

I've seen no real visibility enhancement with the MAS red props. Can't say any of the other "benefits" work either, as I don't test the batteries to see if they fly longer or faster.

I did have strobes in mind, purely from a visibility perspective. Any recommendations?

I did have strobes in mind, purely from a visibility perspective. Any recommendations?
People on the forum whom have bought "Firehouse" strobes highly recommend them. Not cheap though.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiraMir