DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ahhhhh M2P down

Startubastard

Reactions
Hello and thank you in advance for your help.

I bought my M2P in the United States and in Australia now and it's crashed. I'm still trying to understand my final flight log as my drone collision with a bridge pier wasn't avoided. Any help and interpretation would be appreciated and how do I go about repair. I'm so devo. It was a mission just getting it and now its in need of serious repair. I thought the price would justify the protection of having the additional sensors thats why I picked the M2P. I understand that the sensors don't pick up things like small sticks or power lines but my drone crashed into a soild wall. Why did the collision sensor not work.

My phantom log link DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Again thank you savy pilots out there for your help.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-07-23_[14-40-28]csv.zip
    327.1 KB · Views: 31
Where abouts in Australia are you, so I can suggest repairers for you

I don't fly an MP2 but I believe the side sensors are not active except for active track mode or tripod mode. At first glance it looks to me like you flew laterally into the obstacle.

Why did the collision sensor not work
Prior to the crash, you can see the aircraft was pointed away from the wall. Since the aircraft was travelling forward in P mode, only the forward facing sensors were being used. Had you been flying in a mode that uses the side sensors (like Tripod mode), the aircraft would have most likely detected the wall on the right side.

To illustrate what was pointed out above, comparing the aircraft course and heading shows the following:

The aircraft course matched its heading until 803 seconds, when right aileron was applied, causing its course to turn to the right of its heading, which remained constant at around -150°. When the collision occurred the course was -115°, or around 38° to the right of its heading. As a result, to put it simply, with just the front sensor operating it could not see where it was going.

Thank you for helping make sense of this. I'm in Sydney Anzac Jack. Thank you for that bit about side sensors not active. Is it only tripod and active track or waypoint have them active aswell. Why are they disabled in Program mode? Can you enable them somehow. I do alot of paralax movements for my shots. Pilot error I thought the side ones were on. What's my best course to get up and flying again. I need a miracle for this one trying to make arial cinematography and is hard with a grounded drone.

If you have DJI Care Refresh, it can only be used in US (so you have to wait till you get back). But there should some local repair place.
On a side note, I am not sure you are allowed to fly over roads. Definitely not over highways or major thorough fair. It's one thing you side impact a bridge pier, but imagine hitting or almost hitting a car driving along that bridge. Worse case scenario is causing a car to drive off the bridge.

Reactions: Phill
Thank you for helping make sense of this. I'm in Sydney Anzac Jack. Thank you for that bit about side sensors not active. Is it only tripod and active track or waypoint have them active aswell. Why are they disabled in Program mode? Can you enable them somehow. I do alot of paralax movements for my shots. Pilot error I thought the side ones were on. What's my best course to get up and flying again. I need a miracle for this one trying to make arial cinematography and is hard with a grounded drone.

Before you start flying look at the top of the screen of the RC with the symbols. One of them displays the active sensors in green and the disabled sensors in red, depending of the mode you fly.
For example in Sport mode all the sensors are red.

Reactions: TSUPD

You can not enable the inactive sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormsignal