Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 battery pack charged BUT won't turn on

• Thread starter Deleted member 172900
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 172900

I have the expanded all up package.

All three battery packs *have* worked, but now only one will power up in the Air 2.

What have I missed?

Reactions: (Bev)by Belt

All three battery packs *have* worked, but now only one will power up in the Air 2.

What have I missed?
I myself have one battery that is failing, I have the air two with a fly More combo,the battery that came with the drone is now starting to fail. After roughly 5 years I can charge and within 36 hours it will start to discharge. I could send it into Flight and it will drain almost 10min faster then the others. I guess nothing lasts forever time for new battery.

Reactions: Capt KO
Bev, do a search. There was a recent thread re DJI refurbished batteries at a pretty good price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
I myself have one battery that is failing, I have the air two with a fly More combo,the battery that came with the drone is now starting to fail. After roughly 5 years I can charge and within 36 hours it will start to discharge. I could send it into Flight and it will drain almost 10min faster then the others. I guess nothing lasts forever time for new battery.
You can check cell voltage in the Fly app, you should see 1 cell is dying, it will have lower volts than the others. The old GO4 app would warn of a cell going out and tell you to get home quick (happened to me yesterday)..not sure about FLY. Anyway, don't use that battery anymore, not worth a drone. I buy refurbished (A2) batteries when in need. Amazon $42

Reactions: Dbez1
The other two were likely in hibernation mode and needed a few minutes on the charger to wake up and charge…
Perhaps YOU don't understand the specific elements of "HIBERNATION MODE".
Specifically the *RED LED* indication.
I stated clearly that THIS WAS NOT PRESENT.

The other two were likely in hibernation mode and needed a few minutes on the charger to wake up and charge…
Previous post:

What have I missed?
Perhaps we should use Diagnosis in lieu of mode.

Using this terminology clarifies things a good bit more.

This puts things in a better thought process.

It means that ALL the pieces MUST be met before it can be achieved.

Now we have to meet all the criteria.

This is NOT the *Hibernation Mode!* No RED LED!
Therefore this could NOT be hibernation mode!

Every search on Hibernation Mode states the RED LED is a major element of this mode.

DJI came up in this search! THEY specifically stated the RED LED indicator!

Never did a single pack go BELOW a 50% charge.

This Hibernation Mode is an EXCESSIVE discharge. This triggers the RED LED indicator.

All three packs ALWAYS displayed GREEN LEDs.

This entire situation has been thoroughly stated and explained.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you don't see a red LED does not mean the battery in NOT in hibernation mode, no matter what you have read.
So, THEREFORE even DJI is WRONG?

I Suspect that you have some issues with ALL these demonstrated Elements.

So, THEREFORE even DJI is WRONG?

I Suspect that you have some issues with ALL these demonstrated Elements.
You have far too much faith in everything you read from DJI.
The "red LED" doesn't even exist on most DJI batteries.
If the battery has too little power, nothing will light up, including the "red LED."

You have far too much faith in everything you read from DJI.
The "red LED" doesn't even exist on most DJI batteries.
If the battery has too little power, nothing will light up, including the "red LED."
Let us just drop this.

1. Well aware that LEDs are present.
Perhaps electronics knowledge is lacking?
Any LED System is NOT a single observable color element! They CAN be a single RGB LED!
That allows for a broad range of colors! Have built quite a number of circuits AND some use/used the RGB LED!
2. NEVER had issue of nothing lighting up.

Good day.

Will now simply fly the Air 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us just drop this.

1. Well aware that LEDs are present.
Perhaps electronics knowledge is lacking?
Any LED System is NOT a single observable color element! They CAN be a single RGB LED!
That allows for a broad range of colors! Have built quite a number of circuits AND some use/used the RGB LED!
2. NEVER had issue of nothing lighting up.

Good day.

Will now simply fly the Air 2.
What you are missing is that it is not at all uncommon to have "nothing lighting up." In fact, you experienced it yourself, based upon your initial post. Dead batteries do not light up, and many DJI batteries do not light up at all when in hibernation. Fly on!

What you are missing is that it is not at all uncommon to have "nothing lighting up." In fact, you experienced it yourself, based upon your initial post. Dead batteries do not light up, and many DJI batteries do not light up at all when in hibernation. Fly on!
Did NOT say *nothing* lit up!

This is *YOUR* assumption!

Folks NEED to really *READ* what is posted!

These packs DID light up!

They just WOULD NOT POWER UP THE AIR 2!

Did NOT say *nothing* lit up!

This is *YOUR* assumption!

Folks NEED to really *READ* what is posted!

These packs DID light up!

They just WOULD NOT POWER UP THE AIR 2!
Maybe if you wrote more clearly, we wouldn’t have to speculate.
Also, when asking for help, it is wise not to attack those trying to offer help for your inarticulately written posts. We are not mind readers.

Reactions: lmh
The internal BMS probably needs to be reset. If you are little bit savvy you can open the pack disconnect and reconnect the BMS. This should reset it.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Maybe if you wrote more clearly, we wouldn’t have to speculate.
Also, when asking for help, it is wise not to attack those trying to offer help for your inarticulately written posts. We are not mind readers.
Speculation IS what all the replies have been.
Attack? Don't see how or where.
Articulation is missing from these replies of yours.

The initial Heading says - "Air 2 battery pack charged BUT won't turn on".
Perhaps the topic line should have been "Air 2 battery pack charged BUT won't power up drone".
Every time the button on these packs was pushed, the LEDs lit up green with at "least two" lighting up.
That aspect alone indicated "PACKS HAVE A CHARGE". LED Color itself is very misleading. I have opened up this Air 2.
There are many LEDs internally that are NOT visible externally. Any single LED "CAN" be an "RGB" LED. That type can display a large array of colors. RGB LEDs mean that internally, they have ALL three colors that the controlling circuit CAN select to display dependent upon the internal Integrated Circuit is programmed.

There is no need to continue this ANY LONGER.

Speculation IS what all the replies have been.
Attack? Don't see how or where.
Articulation is missing from these replies of yours.

The initial Heading says - "Air 2 battery pack charged BUT won't turn on".
Perhaps the topic line should have been "Air 2 battery pack charged BUT won't power up drone".
Every time the button on these packs was pushed, the LEDs lit up green with at "least two" lighting up.
That aspect alone indicated "PACKS HAVE A CHARGE". LED Color itself is very misleading. I have opened up this Air 2.
There are many LEDs internally that are NOT visible externally. Any single LED "CAN" be an "RGB" LED. That type can display a large array of colors. RGB LEDs mean that internally, they have ALL three colors that the controlling circuit CAN select to display dependent upon the internal Integrated Circuit is programmed.

There is no need to continue this ANY LONGER.

Thanks for finally clarifying what was really happening.
The devil is in the new details that you initially omitted:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1