DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Air 2 battery Pack Issues

• Thread starter Deleted member 172900
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 172900

This Heading is now intended to put this topic to bed.

A reply Comment has been made encouraging opening up a LiPo power pack, disconnect a "specific" circuit part, then reconnect it.

This in itself is NOT to be performed! This type of power pack IS and CAN be highly volatile. A very small, inadvertent scratch allow air to come into contact with the Lithium Ion coating.
That creates a situation where such portion CAN and very likely WILL begin to smoke AND then catch fire.

As far as "Tech Savvy", I have disassembled the Drone itself, removed the entire Camera Gimbal, then replaced such. Followed by executing both IMU calibration followed by Gimbal calibration.

Never misplaced a single fastener, ensured that all were intact, NOT over tightened. That in itself demonstrates "Tech Savvy".

I resent the term "Attack(s) being made against one trying to help"!

My posts have been explanation(s) of what has been Observed and Demonstrated to myself by this Equipment.

Now all of this is IRRELEVANT! This entire Drone package is NO LONGER registered to me. It IS a Christmas Gift to ANOTHER!

This IS me LAST POST! My Membership will now be TERMINATED!

Merry Christmas to ALL on this Forum

Reactions: DougMcC
This Heading is now intended to put this topic to bed.

A reply Comment has been made encouraging opening up a LiPo power pack, disconnect a "specific" circuit part, then reconnect it.

This in itself is NOT to be performed! This type of power pack IS and CAN be highly volatile. A very small, inadvertent scratch allow air to come into contact with the Lithium Ion coating.
That creates a situation where such portion CAN and very likely WILL begin to smoke AND then catch fire.

As far as "Tech Savvy", I have disassembled the Drone itself, removed the entire Camera Gimbal, then replaced such. Followed by executing both IMU calibration followed by Gimbal calibration.

Never misplaced a single fastener, ensured that all were intact, NOT over tightened. That in itself demonstrates "Tech Savvy".

I resent the term "Attack(s) being made against one trying to help"!

My posts have been explanation(s) of what has been Observed and Demonstrated to myself by this Equipment.

Now all of this is IRRELEVANT! This entire Drone package is NO LONGER registered to me. It IS a Christmas Gift to ANOTHER!

This IS me LAST POST! My Membership will now be TERMINATED!

Merry Christmas to ALL on this Forum
I want to apologize if my comment of "TechSavvy" offended to you. That was not my intention. What I mean is, if you feel capable to do it or if you have the ability or knowledge to perform it. I do not try to offend you.

I need to clarify that English is not my first language and I am just trying to help you. I never had any issue in the forum for miss translation but probably this is the first one. Again my most sincere apologies.

I agree with you the Lipo batteries can cause a serious fire or injure if are wrong handled or disassembled. Since I had experience modifying DJI batteries I did the comment trying to help. But again, if you do not feel comfortable doing it, please do not do it.

Regards.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I want to apologize if my comment of "TechSavvy" offended to you. That was not my intention. What I mean is, if you feel capable to do it or if you have the ability or knowledge to perform it. I do not try to offend you.

I need to clarify that English is not my first language and I am just trying to help you. I never had any issue in the forum for miss translation but probably this is the first one. Again my most sincere apologies.

I agree with you the Lipo batteries can cause a serious fire or injure if are wrong handled or disassembled. Since I had experience modifying DJI batteries I did the comment trying to help. But again, if you do not feel comfortable doing it, please do not do it.

Regards.
Zeusfl,

Please accept my most humble Apology!

I also have issues with languages other than MY native one!
The numbers over many decades have been numerous!
Vietnamese
Korean
Spanish
American Samoan
German
Others that I just do not remember!
Personally, I would have to open one very carefully, Identify the BMS, (Don't even know what that abbreviation means!)
Disconnect this, then reconnect this.
I have indeed worked on a good number of LIPO packs. My specific comments were to caution anyone on the hazards of working on these.
I also happen to fly Electric Powered R/C Aircraft. Thereby have a sizable collection of LIPO packs.
These are always a challenge to anyone whom undertakes charging, discharging, and especially disassembly.
Offended was NOT a great choice of wording. I was leaning more "mentally" toward "caution"!
Best of Holiday wishes to you and yours!

Zeusfl,

Please accept my most humble Apology!

I also have issues with languages other than MY native one!
The numbers over many decades have been numerous!
Vietnamese
Korean
Spanish
American Samoan
German
Others that I just do not remember!
Personally, I would have to open one very carefully, Identify the BMS, (Don't even know what that abbreviation means!)
Disconnect this, then reconnect this.
I have indeed worked on a good number of LIPO packs. My specific comments were to caution anyone on the hazards of working on these.
I also happen to fly Electric Powered R/C Aircraft. Thereby have a sizable collection of LIPO packs.
These are always a challenge to anyone whom undertakes charging, discharging, and especially disassembly.
Offended was NOT a great choice of wording. I was leaning more "mentally" toward "caution"!
Best of Holiday wishes to you and yours!
BMS stand for "Battery Management System"
Smart batteries like the DJI ones use BMS. The BMS provide overcurrent protection, Short Circuit Protection, Over discharge protection and even balancing the cells. The DJI ones are not the best one since they balance the cell while charging only by burning the excess of 4.2Volts from a single cell until all the cells are topped. This is an passive BMS. There are active BMS that I like it more that are able to balance the cells even while discharging.

What I like on the DJI batteries is that they will discharge the cells after few days (you need to set this) if the battery is not used to keep it in storage voltage 3.85V to prevent damage. That is nice. They have high current resistors that will burn the energy in heat. This is why the battery feels warms when this happens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas