DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

charge each battery fast?

alexjo55

Reactions
I know there is a charging hub where you can put 3 batteries in and then it charges all of them.
But the problem wit that is that it charges each battery one by one.

Im often in my remote cabin where i only have solar panels to charge wich takes forever, if the sun shines at all.
I have 2 battery packs with my and the can charge 3 batteries each until the battery packs are empty.
I usually have 2-3 days of flying depending on how much i fly.
But even with the battery packs, you cant charge more than one battery at a time since you only can charge the battery when its in the drone.

Perfect solution for me would be if where was some usb charging for each battery.
Like, if there was cable that fit the battery and then i but the other end of the cable in the battery pack.

Another option would be to purchase a hub that's able to charge batteries in parallel (like this one).

My battery pack only have usb ports and that thing have AC power charging
You'd need a battery pack with an AC outlet. Otherwise, you're back to charging one battery at a time.

I agree with msinger on purchasing one of the parallel hub chargers. Mine will charge 3 batteries in parallel and then I can use the drone charger to charge the controller or a battery in the drone. I also have a small Ecoflow power station for when I’m off the grid. It has AC and DC charging and can be connected to solar panels or the power outlet in your vehicle to stay continually charged. I am never out of batteries and can fly all day.

Perfect solution for me would be
Battery capacity: 7.38V x 2.453 Ah = 18Wh
Max charching power: 30W
Average charging time from 10% to 100% is 1 hour with a 30W capable charger (PD3.0)

So with 4 batteries, the charging hub and a 30W capable charger you are able to fly non-stop.

To charge 1 battery you need 18W of power, this equals to 18000/3,7xefficiency=5000mAh for a powerbank/battery pack.

Mini 3 Constant Flying with 4 batteries.jpg

This 4 battery charger was recommended here in the past and I got one. Charges 4 batteries plus an extra USB C cable for phone, controller, etc.

This 4 battery charger was recommended here in the past and I got one. Charges 4 batteries plus an extra USB C cable for phone, controller, etc.
Useless information for 2 reasons !

1. alexjo55 has a Mini 3, NOT an Air 2
2. he wants to charge his batteries with a powerbank.

Useless information for 2 reasons !

1. alexjo55 has a Mini 3, NOT an Air 2
2. he wants to charge his batteries with a powerbank.

Check this one out. PD input, not AC; will charge 2 in parallel with a PD supply at least 65W:

Screenshot_20230708_145332_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This one only holds 2 batteries, but like the one above can charge parallel at full current with a PD charger more than 45W. Since I have 3 batteries I can only charge 2 at a time while flying, and it has a cool display. This is the one I got, a little pricer than the CYNOVA:

Hanatora LCD Battery Charger for DJI Mini 3

Screenshot_20230708_151830_Chrome.jpg

For the powerbank, try this, 30,000mAh, 100W PD 3.0, 4.4/5 stars on Amazon, 114 reviews. I ordered one:

Alfox Laptop Power Bank PD 100W Output

Screenshot_20230708_150559_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I'd upgrade the panels and/or the power bank. In the end you are still consuming XX watts regardless of the charger you use, how fast it does it didn't seem to be the OPs problem and wouldn't be with a little better power. The fundamental issue here is the power source.

Okay, my Hanatora (a.k.a. Yx) two-batt parallel charger (see here) arrived a few days ago, and I'm REALLY pleased with it. They've refined the display info and operation over the last several years, so it's really a value-add. With a PD charger over 65W, it charges both batteries at full current in parallel, which was the point. However, it seamlessly auto-configures with weaker supplies to charge the most full with the highest current and the second with the remaining capacity of the supply. It will charge serially if the connected supply can only handle 1 battery. All this is well-informed in the display.

While I'm not a big proponent of storage charging as a feature, since DJI Intelligent batteries take care of that themselves, I'm certainly not an opponent of this feature in a charger. In this case since I often go a week without flying the Mini3P, I'll be using this feature.

While years ago Yx products were not the highest quality, had a "cheap" feel to them, this product is solid, well made out of quality materials, precision injection molds, high quality LCD display, and works flawlessly.

All in all, I highly recommend this charger. Yeah, it's limited to 2 batteries, but when I really need to charge the 3 I have in parallel, I can always use the DJI charger at the same time, or charge it in the drone.

Will fit an empty spot in my case with a tiny bit of modification too 👍

20230712_103440.jpg
20230712_103453.jpg
20230712_103504.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Xitor

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member