DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 keeps disconnecting from iPad 12.9. Help please!

diggity2678

Reactions
My iPad Pro will connect when everything is powered on but then about 30 sec in the screen goes black and I lose transmission. I can still fly with the remote...the RTH button still works, etc. Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum.
Have you tryed using a different cord ?

Reactions: Thomas B
Hello Diggity 2678:

Welcome to the forum. I fly a Mavic Air 2 with a 3rd generation iPad Pro 12.9. Some questions that might help you track down the problem:

1. Are you running the most up to date iOS? If not, I suggest closing all applications, updating the iOS, turning the iPad off, wait a minute or so, restart iPad, then update DJI Fly App, open DJI Fly App, check your profile to confirm correct initial function (do your flights show up?), close DJI Fly App, turn off iPad, and restart. I realize this sounds like a lot of unnecessary futzing about (which it may be), but I had some problems with my iPad and various apps when I’d done various updates of apps and iOS without restarting the iPad.

2. What happens if you connect the iPad to the controller and leave the drone “off”? Will the screen remain on and the controller remain connected for more than 30 seconds? If not, the problem may be with the DJI Fly App / iOS interface such that the screen “times out” even though the app should keep it on. Because I haven’t had that problem, I’m not sure of the correct solution but I would research iOS screen settings and how apps control them.

3. If the DJI Fly app can keep the screen visible without the drone, but once the drone is started and connected to the app the screen goes blank, I’d assume there is a problem with the controller/drone interface. Again, I haven’t had that exact problem so I don’t know a definite solution, but I would try resetting/recalibrating the controller, sticks, etc. to see if any of that could help. If not, I’d contact DJI.

4. An afterthought - do you have an iPhone with DJI Fly App installed? Does that work well with the same drone / controller combination? If so I’d ignore #3 above.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Howard

Reactions: diggity2678
All my cables are new. So I don’t believe that is the problem. I did notice that I haven’t downloaded the latest version of iOS for my iPad so I will do that also.

When I open the Fly app my screen will stay on and not try to timeout or “go dark” so to speak. I then power on the drone and my iPad will connect. I can take off and fly like I said for around 30 secs of so. Then signal is lost. Drone will hover in place. All the info on the screen like battery time, alt, distance, those all turn red and stop responding. No camera or video buttons on screen work and of course there in no feed from the drone. like I said before I can still fly with the remote but that’s it.

I will try some of Howard’s tips and see if any thing sticks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone