DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 - Scorching the Waters Below -

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
It been a hot minute since I flew the Air 2 , since the Air 2S came out ,
I had to spend a lot of time pixel peeping between The Air 2 and the Air 2S , when the web designer mixed the two folders together. :oops:

What did I learn from this debacle , Thee who mixes folder together will get a Massive Head Ache.

So how do you Bench a drone that has been Ideal in every way, flawless without any drama and capable of results closely related to the Air 2S

You take it out for some more flights to determine its fate , or in my case add some more flights in the Rain.

Scorching the Water like the New Top Gun movie.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Scorch the Waters like
2022-03-19_00h31_49.png

Last edited:
@Phantomrain.org you certainly have a fascination for all things pertaining to H2O ,thats for sure
do you ever fly in nice sunny dry warm conditions;);););), just by way of a change
your flotation devices certainly turn drones into boats
at the start of the vid it could have been perceived as a boat with a camera on board,and i guess once airborne sport mode was the quickest way to remove any remaining water from the drone
your videos certainly bring a whole different perspective to drone flying

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
@Phantomrain.org you certainly have a fascination for all things pertaining to H2O ,thats for sure
Well , There might be some truth to that , lol
2016 ! I was testing out the Phantom 4 Pro sensors fascinated with the Waves and kept wanting the drone to negotiate them . After loosing 1 Phantom to the Lake using a float stick , i went with two of them . Today unfortunately two phantom 4 Pro lie beneath the shores of lake erie,

It is said that late at night you can still hear them crashing into the waves.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Survive the Waves of Lake Erie.

Reactions: old man mavic
I live right on the shore of Lake Erie and keep my drone well above water level. Folks who have never been around it do not understand the power of the lake when whipped by the wind.

Attachments

• 11 November North Pier 19.jpg
    11 November North Pier 19.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
  • Lake Explosion DSC_5819-Edit-Edit copy.jpg
    Lake Explosion DSC_5819-Edit-Edit copy.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
Still impressed with my A2, just not great in low Iight. Otherwise a wonderful bird. Wetsuit and Jacket come in handy as like you, I love water.

It been a hot minute since I flew the Air 2 , since the Air 2S came out ,
I had to spend a lot of time pixel peeping between The Air 2 and the Air 2S , when the web designer mixed the two folders together. :oops:

What did I learn from this debacle , Thee who mixes folder together will get a Massive Head Ache.

So how do you Bench a drone that has been Ideal in every way, flawless without any drama and capable of results closely related to the Air 2S

You take it out for some more flights to determine its fate , or in my case add some more flights in the Rain.

Scorching the Water like the New Top Gun movie.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Scorch the Waters like
View attachment 149669
So you are doing that on fresh water correct? It seems that if we do that on salt water even the mist from the props or waves could get into the motors or other components causing future problems.

I live right on the shore of Lake Erie and keep my drone well above water level. Folks who have never been around it do not understand the power of the lake when whipped by the wind.
This was my original reason for getting a drone was to capture these type of waves but they are few and far between on the Lake , I was inspired by many pictures posted like yours.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Over the Lake .

So you are doing that on fresh water correct? It seems that if we do that on salt water even the mist from the props or waves could get into the motors or other components causing future problems.
The advantage of the Wet Suit and the Rescue Jacket on the Ocean is that it gives your drone every advantage it can possibly have .

The Wet Suit has a way of showing , Sand and Salt spray both on the battery , Power Button the drone and Prop covers , , that alone is an advantage as you can see and rinse the parts effected .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I don't purposely land on water, especially salt. My Rescue Jacket is for emergencies only but that security is well worth the cost. Wetsuit adds to that security. Originally bought for Refresh but continues to earn it's keep. No such luck landing my Phantoms on salt water but that's why I have spares. I've noticed a couple (bright white) on the bottom in my travels. Ouch 😱

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stitch69