DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S ARC V strobe video

Mile High Guy

Reactions
For anyone interested. Using Aerial-Pixel mounts for the legs, industrial strength Velcro for the top. One white ARC V on top, two white ARC V on the front legs, two green ARC V on the back and one Jusmo RGB attached with the same Velcro to the bottom. I also started using an iPad 5 mini that that is a huge improvement over the iPhone 10.

Here's a comparison of several strobe lights at night (also filmed in Prescott)

Drone Busters: Best Drone Strobe Lights?

Totally expected to see the ARC V up top.

Was interesting to see the ARCII hold it's own against other larger strobes, and recommended in combo with the larger ARC V . . . I always have found the ARCII great in terms of bang for buck, size, and minimal weight.

White is the go for visibility for sure, day or night.

edit typo

Last edited:
For anyone interested. Using Aerial-Pixel mounts for the legs, industrial strength Velcro for the top. One white ARC V on top, two white ARC V on the front legs, two green ARC V on the back and one Jusmo RGB attached with the same Velcro to the bottom. I also started using an iPad 5 mini that that is a huge improvement over the iPhone 10.

Even with my dwindling eyesight - for me - that many strobes is a bit of overkill. If that is what you need - we do what we need to do to keep'em flying.

I do need a couple of strobes for sure; but much of my flying is not long distance - just need something when I take my eyes off the drone to look at my screen for a sec and then easily reorient exactly where the drone is. Under certain conditions - the drone plays hide and seek (even in daylight), so that should help.

Reactions: Afghanpilot
Thanks for sharing! Just curious to know if they alter what you are recording (exposure etc)

I flew today in bright sun @5100' MSL elevation at home point. 400' AGL and out to 1500' distance. The strobes/AC were visible the entire time, especially the white strobes.
So that is the same for me with the lights about 1500 ft where as the Rescue Jacket because of its bigger size can be seen closer to 3000 ft during the day.

Makes me wonder if a larger surface light would be better , something similar to this light for the Phantom 4 although not as bright but covers more surface area ,

2021-10-20_22h03_31.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I have an iPad mini 4 with an anti glare screen protector. Waaayyy better than a phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent