Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Car Charger Suggestions

irrelevantmonkey

Reactions
Site
irrelevantmonkey.com
Hi all,

Firstly, I've had a look about but haven't really seen many suggestions for it, but whats people suggestions for a decent but un-official car charger. The official will only chagre one at a time but I do like the idea of being able to do more at once in case I need to.

I know a few will say best stick with official, which I do for most things, but so far in the last few years I have usually lasted fine on my 3 batteries for the day, but off to Iceland in a few weeks then Norway a few weeks after that and I'm imagining I'll need to charge on the go, especially since the amount of driving about between places that I'll be doing with a few hours drive between each place daily

Would this be a good one to go for? Has anyone got one of these and does it hold up well under usage.

If I have missed a post anf this is a dupe, please mods go ahead and remove and someone PM me where the post is :)

Cheers all :)

waynorth

Reactions
but off to Iceland in a few weeks then Norway a few weeks after that
Welcome to Norway! I don't know what research you have done regarding flying here, but the usual 5 km from airports apply here. Here is a map of airports with NoFlyZone:
(zoom out for the whole country)
But in addition to this, there are plenty of NFZ because of military installations etc., here is a map of those:
Norwegian police are quite strict if you fly in prohibitet areas, your drone will be confiscated and you will be fined maybe 1000-1200 USD. (If you are a Russian tourist you will go to jail...)

As for the car charger I think it looks fine. The Yx brand is OK quality. I charge my batteries in the car with an inexpensive 12V-230V inverter.

Reactions: irrelevantmonkey

irrelevantmonkey

Reactions
Site
irrelevantmonkey.com
As for the car charger I think it looks fine. The Yx brand is OK quality. I charge my batteries in the car with an inexpensive 12V-230V inverter.
Thanks for the reply.
I've stayed clear of inverters for some reason, not sure why, just another bigger and heavier item to carry on the plane, but now know they aren't as big and heavy as they used to be.

And yes, done all my research for both places and happy I'll be fine and flying legally.

MA2 317

Spark 2017- 2021 MA2 2020 - ??
Premium Pilot
Reactions

irrelevantmonkey

Reactions
Site
irrelevantmonkey.com
Both your links send me to a Samsung charger, but it's in the search. Searched and wow £120!!? That's a bit too much to be used a minimal amount but thanks for the info :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317

retiredNH

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Amazon UK shows this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Mavic-...d=1674401979&sprefix=hanatora+,aps,196&sr=8-3
Used, but warehouse, so probably just returned.
I use a single battery Hanatora with no problem.
Beware of inverters. The cheap ones have square wave output which can be damaging to many kinds of electronics. Normal power is sine wave. Square wave can cause over-heating of transformers, and may or may not play well with lighter weight switching power supplies.

GFields

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
digitalphotocreations.co
I have been using this one for a long time. It does a great job.

fivestar51

Reactions

Ridgeback65

Reactions
I also bought the Hanatora off Amazon. Charges 4 batteries SIMULTANEOUSLY!! It also has ability to charge from the car via the accessory /“cigarette lighter”. NOTE: to use in the car you must start the car first before plugging the unit in or else it will error out.
Hanatora Air 2S,Mavic Air 2 Wall & Car Charger Compatible with DJI Air 2S,Mavic Air Battery, 5 in 1 Rapid Multi Parallel Charging Hub Drone Accessories https://a.co/d/bjmo0j4

BrianA

Reactions
Another vote for the Hanatora charger. I haven't tried the car charging but the home charging 4 batteries plus the RC is the way to go. This also has a storage discharge setting as well. Paid <$60 US last year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josejose123