DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Crashed in the Lake. Why?

The stability and, in the case of Virtual Flight, even availability. Do you even use Apple products? How then would you know enough to be so dogmatic about it?
I don't have to use Apple products to know how well mine work.
They are flawless.

I"m not going to continue responding to Apple trolls.
Apple equipment is good, but so are many Android devices.
Use whatever you are comfortable with but don't push the same old, unfounded propaganda.

Well I'm an Android 11 user and Fly 1.4.8 has been far from flawless for me. And it's not my fault. And looking around, I'm not alone.
Meta4 seems to base his opinion purely on his personal observations with his gear and no one else's.. its that kind of myopic view that causes these perpetual arguments. And to say that one does not have to use a competing product to make a claim on how it works is also pretty silly as I see it.. Well, I can say, been there... done that..

Is IOS perfect, course not, and as I've stated here and there, I think IMHO that IOS is far more stable then Android and its related eco system for a number of reasons.. But some just don't want to see that, so here we are...

And Yeah, running an Apple device may cost you more, but I think it pays for itself as they seem to last far longer than the others.

The Smart Controller, what operating system do they use? iOS or Android?
The SC uses Android of course because Apple does not license IOS for 3rd party projects. DJI would have to create an OS of it own to replace Android on the SC or look at other OS's that might run on small devices.

The SC uses Android of course because Apple does not license IOS for 3rd party projects. DJI would have to create an OS of it own to replace Android on the SC or look at other OS's that might run on small devices.
So if their pride and joy SC uses Android you would think they would be all over any problems when it comes to the Android operating system. One would think it should run the smoothest of the two systems but it does not seem that way. By the way I run the Tripltek tablet which runs Android 9 and I have had zero issues with the newest App.

So if their pride and joy SC uses Android you would think they would be all over any problems when it comes to the Android operating system. One would think it should run the smoothest of the two systems but it does not seem that way. By the way I run the Tripltek tablet which runs Android 9 and I have had zero issues with the newest App.
There is something related to the device, as well as the various iterations of Android that cause the stability issues that people report.. Not every version of Android is created equal. nor is the device its running on...

So does that mean the app is flawless and there are no problems except user error?

Is IOS perfect, course not, and as I've stated here and there, I think IMHO that IOS is far more stable then Android
iOS is not perfect, and neither is their hardware - as a DJI drone flight platform. I've read countless threads/posts of iOS devices locking up or shutting down when they get hot... and for other reasons also.

I often fly my MPP with an ancient Galaxy S7 ( Android 8.0) and it works just fine.

The bottom line is that the problems some people experience with Android is not the fault of the OS... it's either crappy hardware or user headspace error.

So does that mean the app is flawless and there are no problems except user error?
No I would say post #68 pretty much covers the problem with Android. How many different versions on all the different phones and tablets out there? Every Tom D!ck and Harry has their own version that can run the App differently.

... back to the regularly scheduled program... has 51 Drones uploaded a file? I am very interested to know the cause of this accident.
Thank you.

Reactions: Bebopperoo
... back to the regularly scheduled program... has 51 Drones uploaded a file? I am very interested to know the cause of this accident.
Thank you.
Doesn't smell like he wants to... kinda makes you wonder eh?

Reactions: scott135
No I would say post #68 pretty much covers the problem with Android. How many different versions on all the different phones and tablets out there? Every Tom D!ck and Harry has their own version that can run the App differently.
Well you'd think it would run pretty smoothly on the latest release.

I would be interested to know your thoughts? I’m still not 100% certain what happened.

Man I totally feel for you! I've watched AND learned so much from your videos, it's like you're somebody I already know. The quickest "cure" might be to get one of the new DJI "drone only" kits on Ebay that've never been registered. As an MA2 owner, I've been tempted to pull the trigger on one of these myself. I'm also a firm believer in an AIRDATA.COM membership and I upload ALL my flights. I learn a lot from doing the post-flight data overview. Hope to cross paths with you out there in the real world at some point.

Tom

I would be interested to know your thoughts? I’m still not 100% certain what happened.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I fly over water about 95% of my flight time. For me the water is never flat calm, like glass. Downward sensors are on all the time and no issues. I’m typically videoing sailboats so I stay above their masts. When I fly low it is inVLOS. I have DJI care and attach a GetterBack to the MA2. Luckily no issues so far. Great video on your website. If interested, check out my over the water videos at https://youtube.com/user/davidblezard

it was generous of you to share those experiences to help others avoid the same problem. Hang in there.
Except that he spread a bunch of misinformation and didn't help others at all.
The explanation of what actually happened is right there in the flight data.

Reactions: Bebopperoo
That's a very unfortunate set of circumstances. Personally, I'm a big fan of using RTH - simply because I've had a few connection dropouts and screen freezes that made me realise how easy it is to lose control over my drone.

So, I always make sure RTH is set before flying anywhere, and then hit the button if I am not sure what's going on. The good part is that you can then turn RTH off when you can see the drone coming back.

Could active track be the issue?
Here’s a screen shot of my flight right before I lost signal on a lake. 24’ up, overcast, muggy 80F “active track” following me in a canoe. Never even close to 100’ away, didn’t calibrate GPS, didn’t change home point to RC. But this popped up on screen, didn’t see it at time of flight because I was thinking of your video and was paddling to save birdie from landing in the drink! Even with visual line of site, about 50’ away , it was hard to control in attitude mode. Then….. reconnected after a 2 minute terror. You did mention you where active tracking the boat when you disconnected ? Is active track causing this ??

Attachments

• 1633637A-5ABF-435A-B920-BC473A835AE2.png
    1633637A-5ABF-435A-B920-BC473A835AE2.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO