DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s flight times?

Joethedrone

Reactions
Hi all, just wondering what people are ‘actually’ getting from their Air 2 s flight-time wise in the real world?

to be honest I have never timed it ,its very similar to my air 2 I had ,I always take 3 batteries fully charged and switch as necessary ,never ran out of battery and I use it quite a lot. Probably not much help sorry, also depends on wind and how you fly.

Less than an hour ago, my MA2 finished filming for an astonishing 47:21:20. Very little wind, set on 'T' about 2/3 of the time, switched back and forth between P & S for the other third. Continuous flight, one T/O one landing. Lots of camera adjustment. When it warned me of RTH, and then advised that it had reached critical, and landed, I was getting tired of the Florida midday sun!

EDIT: I STAND REBUKED. Upon much more careful analysis, the actual length of the video I took in the above scenario was 33:20:00. Lots less than what originally reported, but I would say no flies on 33 minutes. SORRY for the eror.

Last edited:
Less than an hour ago, my MA2 finished filming for an astonishing 47:21:20. Very little wind, set on 'T' about 2/3 of the time, switched back and forth between P & S for the other third. Continuous flight, one T/O one landing. Lots of camera adjustment. When it warned me of RTH, and then advised that it had reached critical, and landed, I was getting tired of the Florida midday sun!
WOW must be easily world record lol........ :eek:

Reactions: Joethedrone
I usually get around 28 minutes in normal mode, but this is with wind, and also taking a short trip to 400 or so feet now and then to have a look around. Amazing what you can see from space. :)

Reactions: Joethedrone
WOW must be easily world record lol........ :eek:
Perhaps -- maybe I'm not measuring correctly. I have a continuous video that long from the flight. Seems to me that the length of the video would indicate the length of the flight, no. (Not being argumentative -- it's only my assumption)

Reactions: TVQ
I never let my MA2 go below 40% before bringing it home......
What !! Why not .you cannot fly far then ...
I never let my MA2 go below 40% before bringing it home......
:eek: what !! you cant fly far then ........i often get down to single figures ,,,,its a bit like having to fill your car up with petrol when your just under half full.....sorry i cant get my head around that.i guess you have never flown it out a fair distance ?

What !! Why not .you cannot fly far then ...

:eek: what !! you cant fly far then ........i often get down to single figures ,,,,its a bit like having to fill your car up with petrol when your just under half full.....sorry i cant get my head around that.i guess you have never flown it out a fair distance ?
Max about half a mile. Cautious, that’s me :)

I mainly take still photographs, as opposed to video, so just send it the height that I want, take the photo’s, and come back.

Last edited:
Kind of funny, the OP asked about Air 2 S flight-time and people are giving Air 2 flights times. The Air 2 is lighter and does not use the same amount of battery power. ;)
yes you are correct and the air 2s has twice the climb rate and decent rate ,6 metres a second compared to 3 on the air 2 and Mavic 2 pro, it certainly shifts . I love my air2 s and its a great step up from my air 2 ,i really cannot say ive noticed and less battery performance but then i dont time it ,when its low i land and swap the battery. Works for me.

i really cannot say ive noticed and less battery performance but then i dont time it ,when its low i land and swap the battery.
I have owned both the Air 2AS and the Air 2..... significantly shorter flight times with the Air 2S due to the heavier camera and increased processing.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Reactions: itallica
That’s quite impressive i must say, thank for your input.

Reactions: Greenflash
It flies a bit less time than the Mini 2, about 14-19 minutes at sea level if you travel a lot and around 22 if you stay close and fly on cine mode. Those numbers are landing at 20% battery, ofc if you want to kill the battery and fly to past 0% you'll get a bit more, but performance decreases at 10%, so be careful if it's windy.

It's a nice long ranger though, because it reaches 54Km/h on normal mode and on FCC mode 4 antennas on the drone are just unbeatable.

You always can add another Lipo with the startrc accessory to make it fly longer.

My batteries for the Air2S are at around 80% with almost 200 flights each one, but flight time hasn't changed much since I first purchased it. It has always flown less time than the Mini 2, which had more than 100 flights on their batteries already when I purchased the 2S.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja_geezer
Keep in mind that you can set the limits on RTH time and Forced Landing limits. So if you are staying within VLOS or even a short range from Home point, you can lower those limits and will not be force to come back as soon giving you a slightly longer flight. Just keep in mind your distance and wind to ensure you have enough power to safely return and land.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun