DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More bundle being sold with the RC PRO?

Had a very positive repair experience with Drone Nerds who fixed a mess caused by another vendor here who I will not name.

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
I ordered from Amazon and it came with the RC Pro (as did a couple of others on the DJI Forums) They aren't advertising it like B&H and Drone Nerds do, but that's what we got. I guess no guarantee in case they have old stock lying around somewhere, but recent orders all seem to be RC Pro.
I've got $500 in Amazon vouchers so this is where I'm going to get my drone from. If I could guarantee I'd get the RC Pro, I'd get that bundle in a heartbeat.

I've got $500 in Amazon vouchers so this is where I'm going to get my drone from. If I could guarantee I'd get the RC Pro, I'd get that bundle in a heartbeat.

I don't know of any way to guarantee it, as it seems like some of the recent ones from elsewhere are starting to come with the Smart Controller again. Amazon's return policy is pretty easy, so that's a choice you have and can give it a shot if that is a direction you want to go.

I don't know of any way to guarantee it, as it seems like some of the recent ones from elsewhere are starting to come with the Smart Controller again. Amazon's return policy is pretty easy, so that's a choice you have and can give it a shot if that is a direction you want to go.
I just spoke to the DJI Store through their app and they indicated that I'd get an RC Pro from their Amazon store if I bought the Fly More Air 2S with Smart Controller bundle.

Attachments

• DE184210-7AA9-4B51-B756-D0DCD9CFF57B.png
    DE184210-7AA9-4B51-B756-D0DCD9CFF57B.png
    486 KB · Views: 17
Hello everyone,

I bought the Air 2 a couple weeks ago on sale but returned it the other day after researching for a bit and learning of the phasing out of smart controllers and the Air 2s FMC with SC bundle.

I bought the Air 2s FMC with SC from Best Buy hoping to get the RC Pro instead. It had been “unavailable” for some time on the website so when it was finally available again I figured it would be new stock. The package arrived today and to my dismay it has the SC pictured front and back. I am sure the pictures are of the SC, not RC Pro. I wanted to ask, has anybody gotten this combo recently and had the SC pictured, but actually had the RC pro inside? Or do all RC Pro packages have the RC Pro pictured even if the description still says SC?

Cannot look inside to confirm as there is a restocking fee if I open the plastic seal.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

I bought the Air 2 a couple weeks ago on sale but returned it the other day after researching for a bit and learning of the phasing out of smart controllers and the Air 2s FMC with SC bundle.

I bought the Air 2s FMC with SC from Best Buy hoping to get the RC Pro instead. It had been “unavailable” for some time on the website so when it was finally available again I figured it would be new stock. The package arrived today and to my dismay it has the SC pictured front and back. I am sure the pictures are of the SC, not RC Pro. I wanted to ask, has anybody gotten this combo recently and had the SC pictured, but actually had the RC pro inside? Or do all RC Pro packages have the RC Pro pictured even if the description still says SC?

Cannot look inside to confirm as there is a restocking fee if I open the plastic seal.

Thanks in advance.
This will probably just add to your confusion; I purchased the Air 2S FMC with RC-Pro from B&H in January. On both the front and rear of the box it said DJI Smart Controller (no mention of it being the RC-Pro). However, the photo on the box was of the RC-Pro. And as promised, it was the RC-Pro inside.

Well that’s a bummer. Mine has the smart controller pictured and the sticker on back also says RM500. Looks like I’ll be returning this, really thought BestBuy might have the new stock. I emailed DJI with the serial number to ask if they could check tho just in case, fingers crossed.

Well that’s a bummer. Mine has the smart controller pictured and the sticker on back also says RM500. Looks like I’ll be returning this, really thought BestBuy might have the new stock. I emailed DJI with the serial number to ask if they could check tho just in case, fingers crossed.
I checked BestBuy and they did not offer the RC Pro. I went with DroneHerds. Also B&H advertises the RC Pro with the fly more combo Mavic Air 2S.

Don't think you'll know until you open the box (understand you might not want to). Lots of people had RC Pros inside with a Smart Controller on the box, but there is no guarantee,

This is exactly what has happened to me, I ordered during the black Friday sale and got the fly more combo with smart controller. Then all of the sudden the link came back the next day as discontinued...huh? So I get an email Monday somebody redid my order and now it's the fly more combo with RC pro....same price. I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to figure out the difference between the 2 and then I ran across your Guys post. So yes it does seem there's something going on where they've run out or they've discontinued it for some reason or whatever And some of us are getting lucky, although I'm not sure if it's luck or not because from what I read, It's not even compatible yet with the air 2S. Maybe they know something we don't just yet?

I'll keep you posted about it
And thanks for letting me be part of the community and hello!

JEFF
Sounds like there's a new Pro-Controller on the way?!

I checked BestBuy and they did not offer the RC Pro. I went with DroneHerds. Also B&H advertises the RC Pro with the fly more combo Mavic Air 2S.

I was hoping they hadn’t updated their website yet as I had some store credit at BB. Looks like I’ll be going with B&H now though.

Don't think you'll know until you open the box (understand you might not want to). Lots of people had RC Pros inside with a Smart Controller on the box, but there is no guarantee,

I’m tempted but the 15% restocking fee hurts too much, especially after the fee for the Air 2 I returned. I had a chance to thoroughly read the thread and I’m leaning more into it containing an actually SC. The production date is 3/2022, and with such a date I would expect the picture to show the RC Pro like many before me. That and some of the newer reviews have me thinking they are starting to get the supply issue resolved. I chatted with a DJI rep and they specifically mentioned the RC Pro was only going out to select retailers on a case by case basis as a “free upgrade” in order the bridge the supply gap. They said once the supply issue is resolved they will not be sending RC pros at that price.

Hope I’m not too late.

I chatted with a DJI rep and they specifically mentioned the RC Pro was only going out to select retailers on a case by case basis as a “free upgrade” in order the bridge the supply gap. They said once the supply issue is resolved they will not be sending RC pros at that price.
Yet their site says "no longer in production" if you search for Smart Controller's product page.

Maybe they're changing to that "cut down RC Pro" we've seen in Mini 3 leaks?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi