DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More bundle being sold with the RC PRO?

Has anyone seen an instance where the Mavic 3 RC Pro will work with an Air 2S, or is it just this "special" release that works with it? I just tried my M3 RC Pro on my Air 2S without any luck.
Is the firmware updated on both the Air 2s and the RC Pro? Check via computer on the DJI assistant, keep
In mind there are different versions of that for certain drones and the controller.

Reactions: Desert Drone Works
Is the firmware updated on both the Air 2s and the RC Pro? Check via computer on the DJI assistant, keep
In mind there are different versions of that for certain drones and the controller.
Yes indeed. I'll keep fiddling around with it!

Do you get the option of Air2 S in the selection screen? Maybe put both in bind mode?
Negative. Did put both in their respective pair modes and it just timed out after 60 seconds.

Could it be that there is a different firmware for the RC Pro when using the Air 2s or the Mavic 3. The firmware on the RC Pro that came with the Air 2S is different version than I see available on the Mavic 3 forum. Ideally they get a firmware that works with both so you can turn on the controller and choose which AC to fly.

Could it be that there is a different firmware for the RC Pro when using the Air 2s or the Mavic 3. The firmware on the RC Pro that came with the Air 2S is different version than I see available on the Mavic 3 forum. Ideally they get a firmware that works with both so you can turn on the controller and choose which AC to fly.
Yup, that's likely the culprit. For now I'll just stick with the RC-N1... which is fine. Just wanted to be greedy and trim down what I bring with me. :)

Well that shoots down the option to buy the RC Pro stand alone to use with Air 2S maybe? I just got mine 2 weeks ago dunno if I can return it to BB now.

Hello all !
Just my 2 cents , I received my air2s today from B&H with the RC PRO controller. I had called them before ordering it to confirm was legit and it is . Rained here all day today so I only ran it up in the living room All working well !

Can't answer if it will work with others in the DJI line. Probably works with a firmware update. DJI did answer back to my complaint with no action but they are including it in the M2S package.

Brewc I feel your pain. Same thing I did and wish I saw the "new" package before I bought my combo.

Hi, I have just purchased AIR 2S combo with controller which arrived with RC Pro. It does have different firmware to those flying with Mavic 3. I couldn't get it to link to my older AIR 2S but realised that it wasn't bind to my account. Once this was done linked straight away.20211210_180616.jpg

Man, you guys are hurting my wallet.
I bought the Air 2S Fly more, then picked up a brand new Smart Controller…..now I just placed an order at B&H…
I will sell the first Fly More and the SC v1, it will cost me a few bucks, but I think it will be worth it. Oh, and I ordered a Feelworld FW279 and am placing a pre-order for the Lifthor SC Pro mount….now I just need to figure out how to hide the extras from my wife until I sell something. :rolleyes:

Reactions: PAW
Man, you guys are hurting my wallet.
I bought the Air 2S Fly more, then picked up a brand new Smart Controller…..now I just placed an order at B&H…
I will sell the first Fly More and the SC v1, it will cost me a few bucks, but I think it will be worth it. Oh, and I ordered a Feelworld FW279 and am placing a pre-order for the Lifthor SC Pro mount….now I just need to figure out how to hide the extras from my wife until I sell something. :rolleyes:
I sold my smart controller a few months ago expecting the new one. I expected it to be similar in price to the first version but to my surprise its much more than that. Looking at the BH deal, I already own the Air 2S fly more but with this deal the RC Pro is just $400 more than the fly more package. So, I ordered one that will be here this week. I need to decide if I want to sell my Mini 2 and keep the second Air 2S or sell my older Air 2S and recoup a larger portion of my funds. I have also thought about keeping the Air 2S and selling the extras I dont need like 2-3 batteries, filters, charging hub, basically the things that are redundant that wont help me day to day. Choices but I will figure out what’s next and my wallet is getting hurt as well.

Reactions: Gozar
Well I got my answer straight from the horses mouth. My standalone RC pro cannot be used with my Air 2S… yet.

Dear ***,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

As for the issue you mentioned here, please be noted that the Remote controllers are interchangeable, but their firmware version is not the same. It cannot be paired with DJI AIR 2S for now, we will make it down through firmware update in the near future. As for the exact date please refer to the DJI Official website. I will submit your request to our upper department. We will work hard on this. Apologize for the inconvenience it caused.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Have a great day.
Best Regards,
Judy
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

Reactions: projectarjun
I wonder if DJI staff have any idea as I sent a message the other day when I couldn't pair my RC Pro which i purchased in the fly more combo smart controller bundle to my older Air 2S but in the meantime sorted it myself as I needed to bind it to my account so working fine. DJI are still telling me that the RC Pro is NOT sold with the fly more smart controller bundle & therefore not compatible with Air 2S.

I am really happy for anyone getting this deal but at the same time upset me the fact that I purchased the Mavic 3 FMC for $3000 + $1200 for the RC Pro controller + Tax.

DJI really screw us.

Wish I had seen this thread before yesterday. I really feel cheated. I did a lot of research and thought of which Mavic to buy. It came down to the M2S and I really liked the smart controller for many reasons. I read the Pro Controller did not work with earlier models so that was not a real consideration. I checked B&H and their site said they were out of stock. Adorama was a thought but I also like to shop local. BestBuy was out till next week and had to order it and wait 10 days and Costco did not carry the M2s with SC. I found one locally at a high end camera store and bought it there. I am very disappointed now because as we all know now the SC is probably on the way out and the Pro is in. Also the batteries were dated 2017 which means they are almost 5 years old now. This does not sit well with me at all! I am seriously considering contacting DJI with a grievance and a complaint. To me and the money spent this should not be!

What do you guys think about this?

Can you return it? I bought the Air2 S FMB from Amazon a few weeks ago and am sending it back. I was thinking they would come out with a Smart Controller v2 soon and I would get that not just throw a different firmware on the RC Pro. If you can't return it throw on on eBay. Everyone is buying stuff for the holidays although shipping might be an issue now before Christmas.

As people have pointed out the pricing makes no sense... the stand alone cost of the RC Pro is $1199. The Air2 S FMB w/RC Pro is only $450 more than the FMB.

One word of caution be very careful as B&H is the only place I've found that is selling it with the RC Pro controller. I ordered the FMB with controller combo on Amazon thinking it was the RC Pro but it wasn't.. it was the standard Smart Controller. I cancelled the order before it shipped and ordered it from B&H. It will arrive Wed.

I am really happy for anyone getting this deal but at the same time upset me the fact that I purchased the Mavic 3 FMC for $3000 + $1200 for the RC Pro controller + Tax.

DJI really screw us.
Yeah I don't get DJI on this at all. I saw a video where someone played devils advocate and said DJI has been underpricing their drones for a while now. I agree with that to a certain point. I think the Mavic 3 drone itself is priced appropriately for it's capabilities but the RC Pro that's used with is not and what DJI just did with the Air2 S proves it. $450 for the RC Pro added on the FMB for the Air2 S and $1199 more for the RC pro for the 3. Unless you're going to drop $5k on the Cine package which is a whole other convo.

Can you return it? I bought the Air2 S FMB from Amazon a few weeks ago and am sending it back. I was thinking they would come out with a Smart Controller v2 soon and I would get that not just throw a different firmware on the RC Pro. If you can't return it throw on on eBay. Everyone is buying stuff for the holidays although shipping might be an issue now before Christmas.

As people have pointed out the pricing makes no sense... the stand alone cost of the RC Pro is $1199. The Air2 S FMB w/RC Pro is only $450 more than the FMB.

One word of caution be very careful as B&H is the only place I've found that is selling it with the RC Pro controller. I ordered the FMB with controller combo on Amazon thinking it was the RC Pro but it wasn't.. it was the standard Smart Controller. I cancelled the order before it shipped and ordered it from B&H. It will arrive Wed.
You should get the RC Pro controller as advertised in the B&H deal. I ordered and got it in 2 days, delivered by FedEx and I had to sign for it. I know the RC Pro is also included in the packages from DJI. Other than that unless they specify the RC Pro controller you will most likely get the V1 of the smart controller and not the RC Pro.

You should get the RC Pro controller as advertised in the B&H deal. I ordered and got it in 2 days, delivered by FedEx and I had to sign for it. I know the RC Pro is also included in the packages from DJI. Other than that unless they specify the RC Pro controller you will most likely get the V1 of the smart controller and not the RC Pro.
I did...it will be here Wed. Made sure I picked the package with RC Pro.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1