DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S is not classified for EU

VDAB

Reactions
Recently, new legislation was introduced in the EU.
The DJI Air 2S cannot be operated in the Open A1 category in the EU after 31 Dec 2022. It would need to carry a classification label "C1" which it does currently not have.
So why would you buy this drone if you have to fly it at least 150 meters away from buildings and people ???

Reactions: Oldi001
It is disappointing that it doesn't have at least a C2 classification (which is much more likely for this kind of drone), but by Jan 1st 2023 I'll be on to another device.
Personally, I think the grace period for "legacy" drones will be extended beyond Dec 31st 2022 anyway.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
Tengo el Maic Air 2 pero si el Air 2S tuviera el marcado de clase me lo habria cambiado sin dudarlo, para mi es muy importante el marcado de clase. También creo que el hecho de no poder comprar el dron suelto hace más dificil actualizar el modelo y pasar al nuevo.

Reactions: ckoerner
It is disappointing that it doesn't have at least a C2 classification (which is much more likely for this kind of drone), but by Jan 1st 2023 I'll be on to another device.
Personally, I think the grace period for "legacy" drones will be extended beyond Dec 31st 2022 anyway.
I agree totally with everything you said,spot on.

I agree with rilot and Ninja although i think that people should buy and enjoy air 2s now without worrying for the CE classification. I believe that by 2023 probably things will change again god knows how many times but also by then probably I won't have the air 2s anymore !

Reactions: ninja_geezer
After the transition period (whether they will extend it or not) you can always fly on Open-A3 - with ANY drone.
This is often where you find good landscape and nice places to shoot your videos/photos.
Keep in mind that a classed drone - such as a C2 drone - will be limited to muzzled speed of 3m/s well below most drones. So I keep my 'legacy' drone, thank you !

this explains a bit more ,and why there are still no C classified drones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007