DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AIR 2s motherboard photo trigger signal or schematics?

helloWorld

Reactions
I'm trying to find a way to get the photo trigger signal from the drone.
In older Mavics and such, it would flash the LEDs so one could just strap a phototransistor on it, but it seems I can't do that with the Air 2s.
I know that there are mods to get the signal from the motherboard, but I can't find the details on how to perform the mod.
Anyone here keen to share the details?

Thanks!

You can do it with the landing light on the bottom many of the payload droppers use that light to activate the switch. what exactly are you trying to do and maybe I could help a bit more.

You can do it with the landing light on the bottom many of the payload droppers use that light to activate the switch. what exactly are you trying to do and maybe I could help a bit more.
I though I was pretty clear, I want to get the signal when the photo is taken. The timestamp in the EXIF is very coarse so unusable for me.
Reason? Recording the exact timestamp to a RTK/PPK GNSS module I'll attach on the drone.

I though I was pretty clear, I want to get the signal when the photo is taken. The timestamp in the EXIF is very coarse so unusable for me.
Reason? Recording the exact timestamp to a RTK/PPK GNSS module I'll attach on the drone.
I doubt you'll find any circuit diagram, if you have a decent O scope you should be able to find a signal with some detective work and a lot of patience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13