DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S with DJI Smart Controller

Me too… Every time I turn on the MP2PRO (e.g. Battery Swap) - the SC will ask me to press the “link” button on the MP2PRO. What an added waste of time !

It would not be so bad if it was just the battery button that you had to push , like the AIR 2S but having to get to the Remote Link on the Mavic 2 , that is a nightmare and I have had struggled with that at times not having a way to hold the button down.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water.

I recently bought the A2S and smart controller, paired them and did all the updates and mostly everything works, BUT very often when taking photos or the screen freezes. I’ve found that I can unfreeze it by switching to video and back to photo although I only figured it out after I crashed into a tree.

anybody else seeing this?

I have about a week to return the SC, but I really love using it vs the standard remote and phone option.

I recently bought the A2S and smart controller, paired them and did all the updates and mostly everything works, BUT very often when taking photos or the screen freezes. I’ve found that I can unfreeze it by switching to video and back to photo although I only figured it out after I crashed into a tree.

I have about a week to return the SC, but I really love using it vs the standard remote and phone option.
Photos sometimes need time to Render after taking them.

Make sure your not recording the Screen as the SC does not have a fast processor.

Make sure you have a really fast Ultra SD card that is needed.

Note : We have never had our SC crash so , you may have something else wrong.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2S in the Rain.

Hi, Been using the A2S with SC here for months with no major issues or issues like you mentioned.
I restored mine to new and loaded the new or updated firmware straight from DJI the one or two times it acted up & worked perfect afterwards.
There’s Probably nothing wrong with yours, I’d restore and download the most current updated firmware straight from the DJI website and it should fix your issue. I’d try that before returning it! Hopefully it’ll fix your issue??

Much discussion of this on the DJI board. It’s a nasty bug in Fly 1.4.2. You can revert to 1.4.0 and the problem is solved, but DJI needs to get a new version out ASAP. Replacing firmware won’t do it. It’s the Fly app.

DJI updated the Smart Controller software today. I've installed it and it fixed some major bugs using it with the Air 2S. Suggest those with issues do the update, although DJI has not documented the fixes.
Did you notice if the update fix the poor range, disconnections and lack of smoothness on the screen? These are the major bugs that plagued my experience and many others. TIA.

Did you notice if the update fix the poor range, disconnections and lack of smoothness on the screen? These are the major bugs that plagued my experience and many others. TIA.
There is still some Lag , but you should see a night and day difference if you change your Transmission setting to Smooth and Auto . That should be a game changer.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain.

Reactions: Roberto Smera
That is correct Greg. I had to do the same thing. Before I could use the SC with the Air 2S, I had to upgrade the firmware on the Air 2S with the regular Air 2S controller so it is compatible with the SC. Then the SC would be able to bind to the Air 2S.
My 2s with SC should arrive tomorrow. The new package does not include the standard controller. How should I proceed??

Thanks. I haven't seen the SC yet but I do not understand "turn off the Internet on the SC"
So keep in mind the SC is a Mini computer that can use Google Chrome to g on line , which is great , however you have to turn off the Internet when getting updates using the Assistant 2 from DJI or the update can conflict. It can be frustrating, thus the heads up.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain

Reactions: TheRock
That is correct Greg. I had to do the same thing. Before I could use the SC with the Air 2S, I had to upgrade the firmware on the Air 2S with the regular Air 2S controller so it is compatible with the SC. Then the SC would be able to bind to the Air 2S.
After you bind the SC to the Drone, can you still use the original controller if needed too? In case the batteries died in the SC?

After you bind the SC to the Drone, can you still use the original controller if needed too? In case the batteries died in the SC?
Yes, but, you have to "re-bind" each controller before its use. So if you switch from the SC to the "regular" remote it would have to be paired/bound and conversely, if you then want to use the SC again, it would have to be paired/bound.
It won't remember the binding of each controller...
Not a big problem takes 20 seconds and if you "name" the drone in the SC when selecting/binding...It remembers it's name..

Yes, but, you have to "re-bind" each controller before its use. So if you switch from the SC to the "regular" remote it would have to be paired/bound and conversely, if you then want to use the SC again, it would have to be paired/bound.
It won't remember the binding of each controller...
Not a big problem takes 20 seconds and if you "name" the drone in the SC when selecting/binding...It remembers it's name..
cool thank you.

So the Air 2S controller is using Occusync 2? Is O3 just 4 antennas instead of 2 on the drone itself? No software updates?

Reactions: The Kracka
My SC requires me to pair each time I fly if I switch from my Air2S to my MP2. Or vice versa.
Yep, so does mine with my Mini 2...I get a strange message that says "Do you want to unbind it, change it, or something else" and seemed to have something to do with DJI insurance protection bound to each drone??? Very confusing. I just left the Mini 2 separate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike