DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Yaw Speed

dobro2

Reactions
The Air 2S doesn't remember the Yaw speed setting in photo or video modes. I'm flying in the Normal flight mode. If I set the yaw speed to 20 and smoothness to 40, it responds correctly. But if I reboot the system, i e, change battery, the yaw speed reverts to 40.... I'm using an 8th gen Ipad, latest Fly App, ver. 1.4.8, and the latest firmware update,4.12.0046. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated..... many thanks in advance.. ...

P,S. ... I found that the above happens only in FPV mode, not in Follow mode.. and applies to all gimbal modes, Normal, Cine, and Sport ... I wonder if this applies to all the Mavic models ?

PPS ..... just tested a MA 2, with all the above soft/firmware and it functions correctly.. it remembers the last Yaw setting.... thanks in advance for your help

Last edited:
I'm kinda late to this thread but I was just messing around with yaw speed parameters yesterday. Seems the prior owner of my 2S had the yaw speed down around 2 degrees per second for cinematic work. I'll have to confirm this again but I believe the system will remember a new yaw speed setting below 40% and anything above has to be set in real time while flying. I think its just another nanny in the system to prevent you from taking off with potentially unstable settings so it makes you think about what you want after you're airborne. DJI products are getting really dumbed-down.....I noticed that expo settings don't get set into memory either.

I'm kinda late to this thread but I was just messing around with yaw speed parameters yesterday. Seems the prior owner of my 2S had the yaw speed down around 2 degrees per second for cinematic work. I'll have to confirm this again but I believe the system will remember a new yaw speed setting below 40% and anything above has to be set in real time while flying. I think its just another nanny in the system to prevent you from taking off with potentially unstable settings so it makes you think about what you want after you're airborne. DJI products are getting really dumbed-down.....I noticed that expo settings don't get set into memory either.
Hello xbklyn.. thanks for the response .. I've been unable to re- test this anomaly since there have been many updates to the firmware and Fly app... the weather in WPA is a typical winter and not great for a flight.. I have been keeping up with all the updates and when I get a break in the weather, I'll re-test it.. I'm not trying to set a yaw speed above 40%, I'm trying to slow it down.... The work around is/was once you get the drone in the air, set the yaw speed and smoothness and it works fine until the next flight, then the Air 2S reverts to 40%... This anomaly is only in the FPV mode, not the Follow Me mode.... I have a MA2 that worked fine ??? ..no anomalies..

Ok..I'll continue to explore the issue during the week but this time I'll write stuff down! I'll let you know what I find if anything....have a good week.

I have that SOME settings change depending on how you back out of the screen. Touch the screen to the left of the setting screen NOT the back arrow top left. Give that a try.

I just did some further experimentation and found that Yaw and Expo do NOT hold settings after power cycling the 2S so I don't know what the solution is other than modifying while in flight if you really want/need to. That's kind of a pain considering all the other things you need to pay attention to in the cockpit without having to think about going through menus. Curiously, there doesn't seem to be any info on youtube concerning this issue either. I think I'll ping DJI support just for laughs and see what they come back with.

I just did some further experimentation and found that Yaw and Expo do NOT hold settings after power cycling the 2S so I don't know what the solution is other than modifying while in flight if you really want/need to. That's kind of a pain considering all the other things you need to pay attention to in the cockpit without having to think about going through menus. Curiously, there doesn't seem to be any info on youtube concerning this issue either. I think I'll ping DJI support just for laughs and see what they come back with.
Mine stay. A2S w/RC Pro and Mini 2 with standard controller.

I had a chat with DJI support.....I updated the app per their recommendation then went back in and hit reset on the bottom of the yaw-control page. It changed my yaw speed to a default of 75 deg/second and it's now holding at that (was stuck on 40). The new speed is fine for me so I won't be changing it but I get the feeling it will hold if I do change it. I had the same issue with exponential on the sticks and that seems to be resolved as well. So if your app is already at V1.5.4 then try the reset method. If that doesn't work then delete the app off your device and re-load.

Hello all .... I just did some cursory tests with Air 2S ... it's still the same, even after resets, etc... for a sanity check, I retried the MA2 with the same tablet and the same Fly app and all was fine.. this is the scenario. for the Air 2S, .. you must be in FPV mode, not the follow mode .. in the advanced gimbal settings, set the yaw speed to something less than 40, i.e; 30 .. leave the screen open and lift off, after a few seconds the yaw speed will reset to 40 ?? ...if the yaw speed was set higher than 40, i'e; 60, it stays at that setting ?? ..the issue has to be firmware related as the MA2 works fine with all the same controller and Fly app .. I am now using Fly App ver. 1.5.10, for IOS, RC firmware 04.12.0055 .. but none of the revisions had any effect on this ??.. when the weather gets a bit better, I'll try a few ideas... thanks to all ...

Next time I turn on the aircraft I'll note the FW version for you as my setup appears to be working somewhat acceptably now after resets and reloads.

Here's a screen shot of my current SW and FW versions for reference (Android):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220305-144331_2.png
    Screenshot_20220305-144331_2.png
    836.9 KB · Views: 12

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan