DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3? Finally?

I think turning the lens 90 degrees is for the "young" who use TIK TOK.

Do not hope that it will be repeated on new drones, for example the Mavic 3 does not have that option
You don’t need to put young in quotation marks. portrait landscape is a good choice to have. You don’t have to be forced to use land space. Uploading to instagram and other social medias that use portrait is good to have. You can crop on post but you don’t want to have to worry about framing.

You don’t need to put young in quotation marks. portrait landscape is a good choice to have. You don’t have to be forced to use land space. Uploading to instagram and other social medias that use portrait is good to have. You can crop on post but you don’t want to have to worry about framing.
Now I'm probably a bit old fashioned, I prefer 16:9 for my pictures

All images I send out are post-processed with Photoshop Element

Instagram can also handle the 16:9 format

Reactions: Slawaw
It also appears to have OA sensors angled in a simliar way (again) as the Mavic 3 but it's missing the upward vision. A very large gimbal, that my guess will have a dual cam setup, possibly with a 3x tele and both can be used for vertical shooting that currently only the mini 3's can do.
So if it has 5 way OA, vertical shooting, longer battery life and FPV capabilities and if it comes in under 500 grams, it will definitely have its own place in the current lineup.
Save the vertical shooting for the mini series not the midrange.

Will DJI do like they are doing with the the M3 Pro and NOT offer a drone without a controller until the initial rush is over?
Already owning an RC Pro I do not want or need another controller.

Will DJI do like they are doing with the the M3 Pro and NOT offer a drone without a controller until the initial rush is over?
Already owning an RC Pro I do not want or need another controller.
Can always sell the RC-N1/etc :p

But it's likely they only prepacked once specific kit to sell off in bulk. The drone-only are probably when their initial production is finished.

Reactions: DanJ
No need to even worry about it as the gimbal design for the Air 3 with a dual camera setup will make that a big NO anyway.
Leave the 90 degree rotation to the mini series for anyone thats into tic tok,or however one spells it,or instagram.
Even if they did by chance have a rotating gimbal ,by the time you would post it on social media the resolution would
be no better than the mini series.Posting low resolution vidio on social media would be an insult to an air 3 period.

Reactions: loop
Seems like the Air 3 is becoming a reality soon - I got an email from DJI where they sell Air 2s with 20% discount.

Reactions: DanJ and Yaros
Seems like the Air 3 is becoming a reality soon - I got an email from DJI where they sell Air 2s with 20% discount.
A local retailer here in Canada has a sale on Air 2Ss and lists them as "clearance".
I agree.

eems like the Air 3 is becoming a reality soon
Hopefully!!
I am excited for Air 3. I was expecting for it to be released in early May, but now it looks like it's going to release in late July or early August.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser