DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 with new motion controller 2 range

Oh, no! Sorry you're disappointed with it. What are you seeing for range?

Oh, no! Sorry you're disappointed with it. What are you seeing for range?
I was over 1000ft out behind some trees and the screen locked up so I raised it to 200 ft and then regained control. It's a scary feeling that your not sure if your new drone is in the trees or flew back to china.

They do tend to fly back to you, but I can sympathize with that feeling.

1,000 feet’s not that far.

Reactions: mark426
O4 didn’t exist when that controller was released, no?

Reactions: solidhouse
O4 definitely existed in the DJI lab when the motion controller was created. They may have put O4 hardware in the motion controller 2.
I agree with you but haven't been able to find any specs to show if motion controller 2 has OcuSync 4

Hello,
Next-gen O4 HD is ocusync 4.0.
Dji Air 3.

It is written in the
DJI_Air_3_User_Manual_v1.0_FR. pdf page 10 :
Transmission vidéo : Avec la technologie de transmission longue portée O4 de DJI
(OCUSYNC 4.0),
DJI Air 3 offre une portée de transmission max. de 20 km de l’appareil vers
l’application DJI Fly avec une qualité vidéo allant jusqu’à 1 080p à 60 ips. La radiocommande
fonctionne avec les fréquences 2,4 GHz, 5,1 GHz et 5,8 GHz et sélectionne automatiquement le
meilleur canal de transmission.

This manual shows the Rc2 !

I suppose it's also written in the english manual !

Reactions: careless
Once again, there is no necessary hardware specific to O2, O3, or O4. All are programmable via the SDR architecture DJI (and the rest of the world in 2023) uses to implement the radio.

The only "hardware" differences that have cropped up between versions have been antenna configurations, AFAIK.

The A3 goggles and MC2 compatibility came from adding O3 support to the drone, which can now talk O3 and O4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N