DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3

bkushner

Reactions
Rumored to have Ocuysync 4 wondering if it will be compatible with the Pro Controller. Any thoughts?

Highly unlikely. No other older RC's have been able to be used with newer OcuSync versions. Hence no bundle for the Air 3 with the RC Pro, and no RC-N1 or DJI RC compatibility. All new OS 4.0 RC's needed. Also no Air 3 Drone Only option.

OC4 will most likely not be backwards compatible. We are talking about DJI here..... :)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Highly unlikely. No other older RC's have been able to be used with newer OcuSync versions. Hence no bundle for the Air 3 with the RC Pro, and no RC-N1 or DJI RC compatibility. All new OS 4.0 RC's needed. Also no Air 3 Drone Only option.
Yeah so I'm sure the RC PRO 2 is out anytime for another $1200. This is what they did last time. Released it AFTER the drone so there were no packages at first.

Yeah so I'm sure the RC PRO 2 is out anytime for another $1200. This is what they did last time. Released it AFTER the drone so there were no packages at first.
It is the logical progression. However, that will likely only be for the "soon to be released" Mavic 4, and the new Air 3.

Autel went through 3 different versions of their $1200 Smart Controller, all within 12 months, none of which was compatible with the other, requiring three different versions of their EVO 2 Pro aircraft, a V1, V2, and V3! Chip issues were blamed!

Also no Air 3 Drone Only option.
That's one thing that DJI does that just reeks of corporate greed.
I'm still waiting for an RC Pro to be released without a controller here in North America.
Meanwhile in China, you can get a Mavic 3 Pro WITHOUT a controller.
They are for sale on Ebay in DJI packaging.

That's one thing that DJI does that just reeks of corporate greed.
I'm still waiting for an RC Pro to be released without a controller here in North America.
Meanwhile in China, you can get a Mavic 3 Pro WITHOUT a controller.
They are for sale on Ebay in DJI packaging.
That there no "Drone Only" option for the Air 3 is just confirmation that OS4 is not compatible with any prior controllers using earlier OS versions. However, there is a SKU for the Mavic 3 Pro "Drone Only" option. It just hasn't been made available yet internationally. It was publicly announced on DJI's website on the day of the Mavic 3 Pro release (I have screenshots to prove it), but pulled shortly after, so they could pretend no knowledge of that configuration!

Air 3 is supported by the RC Pro.
Downloading the latest firmware.

That there no "Drone Only" option for the Air 3 is just confirmation that OS4 is not compatible with any prior controllers using earlier OS versions.
I think that there might be in the future as my RC Pro is updating to allow Air 3.

Air 3 is supported by the RC Pro.
Downloading the latest firmware.
There is nothing in the User Manual of the Air 3 to indicate support for anything other than the two brand new OS 4 remotes with which it ships. Can you please provide a screenshot of the home screen of your RC Pro showing the Air 3 photo to confirm your claim, or retract your statement?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones