DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air on Order

Congrats! Good to see it flying. Take it slow and steady. you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Used up another battery today between rain showers.

Still on Beginner mode but without prop guards. The nice thing about Beginner mode is it forces a GPS Lock before takeoff.

I tested the Auto Takeoff and RTH. Because I was flying in a small area I could tell where it was going to land. One RTH attempt was weird as it tried to fly into the house. I’m not sure what I hit on the controller but it stoped just in time.

After that I practiced the Pause button. In fact I’m going to continue to practice and especially the Pause button.

There might be video but it’s more boring than yesterday’s, which I consider quite the accomplishment.

I have two issues in the backyard, satellites are hard to find and there’s a rarely used unimproved air field nearby. At least it doesn’t prevent me from flying, just a warning every takeoff. If we lived in our old place there is no way I could fly, it was too close to PDX.

I got the batteries numbered. My phone number on the side of the aircraft. I still need to get an FAA number on. I chuckle at the people who are afraid to put the FAA number on the outside. There’s no specifications that I know of as to how big that number has to be.

I ordered from Advexure & the red fly more combo also.... and it scheduled to arrive Friday ! Let me know if you get mine ok? Ha

Congrats and thank you! Safe flying! :cool:

Here's me flying at Loveland Pass yesterday. It was snowing, high winds, I packed the Air and a launch pad in my pack. That's me in the bottom center, on my snowboard.

Attachments

• 2018-04-14 059.JPG
    2018-04-14 059.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 19

Practicing more shots. Finally got off Beginner Mode. And into Tripod. Slow and steady! Took it up to 150ft. The one thing I'm concerned about is that with the last DJI Go app update now it says that RTH is jeopardized because I'm too close to an airport (unused grass field). Does anyone know what that means?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR