DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Range Issue

well
I understand that they are best case scenarios but maybe there should be a better description of what the average scenario should expect
Well a statement of "Range: 50-5000 meters" probably wouldn't get past their marketing department. What they are doing is what every product being sold in the world today does. No car gets the gas mileage advertised. Thats why you always have to do research and buy from some place you can return it if it doesn't work for you.

If you're on CE and get 300m I'd say switching to FCC mode should make you pretty happy

300m is actually not bad for Mavic Air. It is a known and debilitating issue, the only way to get solid connection in my opinion is to spend extra money on an external antenna. Raptor SR is rock solid in my experience, not sure about other options
It's unfortunate that $$$ must be spent on an upgrade, but @Mavić_Legenda is right. The Raptor SR is rock solid. I recently flew 4400m away (on ocean Beach front) with the Raptor SR and still had signal, had to RTH only due to battery.

Switch to 2.45GHz, 5GHz gets a lot of loss. Select a clear channel.

Make sure the antennas on the hand controller are sideways on towards the drone and they are vertical.
Make sure there are no trees or metal fences between you and your done.

Switch off Bluetooth on you phone and possibly wifi or better yet put your phone in flight safe mode.

You should easily get 500m without any mods. If you have done all of that perhaps your location is very noisy, try another location before worrying that your kit is faulty.

This is not true. It is not a "known and debilitating issue" (source?). In FCC mode (available everywhere) you get 4KM of range in good conditions. I fly mine regularly in urban areas (lots of interference) in several different countries and have been out 2KM+ with full signal bars. I don't use signal boosters either.

Not even close for me. 1 km is heaven.

I’m in Spain and I keep seeing post posts about range issues. I fly with with CE mode on an IPhone. I regularly fly up to 1km away in a rural environment but have not flown further simply because I don’t want to.. I don’t use extra antennas or any other adapters and have only lost contact once for a very short time. The Air just hovered for a few seconds and then contact was restored.

Seems to me that it isn’t the Air that is the problem but the environment, other ambient transmissions and topography.

Of course urban environments are a different proposition but that is completely banned out here so I can’t comment.

Hallo, ich fliege seit einigen Wochen mit der Mavic Air und habe im CE-Modus in Deutschland sowie in 8 anderen europäischen Ländern geflogen. Ich empfehle die manuelle Kanaleinstellung, 2,4 GHz in ländlichen Gebieten und 5 GHz in städtischen Gebieten. Bisher habe ich problemlos eine Reichweite von 600 Metern (Die Drohne ist dann wirklich kaum zu sehen.) Erreicht. Von einem generellen Problem sind Sie mit dem MavicAir sehr weit entfernt. Gruß Hoffi

The bottom line is if you are in a dense WiFi area = signal breakups.
I was pretty bummed when I saw how far I could fly in urban areas coming from a Mavic Pro, but then you shouldn't really be flying in urban areas anyway!
I went out 'to the sticks' - and Wow! What a difference.
The FCC 'hack' does improve things BTW.

I’ve had my Mavic air for a few months now here in the UK.

I generally fly it in open countryside and I only get around 300 metres before I lose signal.

It’s not been a massive problem, and the pictures have been great.

Since I am old and the Air is small, I will not be able to see the drone in 300 m distance, so I don't have to worry about that.

I am in Scotland and fly my Air mainly in the country side. In the FCC mode I managed to get out 3.2 km without any issues with flawless video feed. It will go more but I flew it back, and landed with 34% of battery left. It was an one-off test to see what other ppl are complaining about. On the daily basis I fly VLOS and keep the FCC mode to keep the best possible connection. Mavic Air is a small, pocket size drone to get some decent footage of yourself or things around you. If you want to fly miles away and create stunning vids get yourself inspire or something of that caliber. I done my research before buying a drone and I am very happy with what I went for. Its a great little drone, perfectly fulfilling my needs.

MAVIC AIR WONT LAST LONG THERE AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF **** AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL FLUSH YOUR MONEY DOWN THE SHITTER I HAD ONE BEFORE IT FCKED OFF OVER THE HORIZON DJI BULLSHITS EVERYONE THE AIR HAS HUGE RANGE ISSUES IE WONT GO MORE THAN 250 meters AWAY BEFORE LOSING SIGNAL I HAD DJI XTRA CARE BUT IT DOESNT COVER PIECE OF **** DRONES THAT F OFF AND CRASH BEFORE THIS HAPPENED I CONTACTED THEM 7 times DO THIS DO THAT CHANGE FREQUENCY RELOAD THAT BLA BLA BLA BETTER OF WITH YOUR OLD PENTAX ON THE END OF A STIK AND IN MY CASE 1700$ in DJI POCKET FOR A FAULTY P
STOP SHOUTING!!:oops:

PS I can easily fly out to 1kM with no signal loss or video breakup

A question on the topic ... you guys when using FCC - high channels, leave it in AUTO or CUSTOM - (fixed).
Which would be more appropriate?
I am from Brazil and here is EC - low channels (2.4), but the signal quality is incredibly superior in high channels (5.8) ... for this I have to customize all the time ... there is problem in leaving CUSTOM in the channel 149 or 153? What risk can there be?
I do not want to go very far ... something like 1km would be great in the city!

I changed to FCC last year and since then I am flying the Air in that mode on AUTO, without any need for any adjustments during that period if time.
A question on the topic ... you guys when using FCC - high channels, leave it in AUTO or CUSTOM - (fixed).
Which would be more appropriate?
I am from Brazil and here is EC - low channels (2.4), but the signal quality is incredibly superior in high channels (5.8) ... for this I have to customize all the time ... there is problem in leaving CUSTOM in the channel 149 or 153? What risk can there be?
I do not want to go very far ... something like 1km would be great in the city!

Reactions: InvisibleName
You will soon get sick of that 300 meters whTs the point?? I suppose you can go 300 meters straight up that wY you may have a chance of getting it back if it decides to f off back to dji where it belongs

This is just a guess on my part, but you DO NOT LIKE DJI??

Reactions: InvisibleName
I'm going to lift a spare Android smartphone running the AZ Screen Recorder and Wifi Analyzer as a MA payload tonight, just to see how crowded the Wifi is around my neighborhood. Every once in awhile I get a "Strong Aircraft Interference" while flying.

MAVIC AIR WONT LAST LONG THERE AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF **** AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL FLUSH YOUR MONEY DOWN THE SHITTER I HAD ONE BEFORE IT FCKED OFF OVER THE HORIZON DJI BULLSHITS EVERYONE THE AIR HAS HUGE RANGE ISSUES IE WONT GO MORE THAN 250 meters AWAY BEFORE LOSING SIGNAL I HAD DJI XTRA CARE BUT IT DOESNT COVER PIECE OF **** DRONES THAT F OFF AND CRASH BEFORE THIS HAPPENED I CONTACTED THEM 7 times DO THIS DO THAT CHANGE FREQUENCY RELOAD THAT BLA BLA BLA BETTER OF WITH YOUR OLD PENTAX ON THE END OF A STIK AND IN MY CASE 1700$ in DJI POCKET FOR A FAULTY P

Where are you flying? I got 15000 feet with mine with good signal and video feed. I could have kept going but I had to turn around due to battery getting low.

Reactions: Teddy warrick
Where are you flying? I got 15000 feet with mine with good signal and video feed. I could have kept going but I had to turn around due to battery getting low.
Thats amazing its so amazing its almost unbelievable i was in Bali with zero interference in the middle of rice paddies and then at an isolated beach again zero is nterference 300 meters max, same in Australia so mabey there selling two different types of mavic Air

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99