DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2s not connecting with IPad Pro 11”

DeepSouthHI

Reactions
Been using my DJI Air2s with my IPad Pro 11” for a couple months without issue. Updated my Ipad software last night to iOS 15.1.3 and now my Air2S will not connect. Using the same DJI cord. I have connected it to my IPhone and it works fine. Seems that the DJI FLY app is no longer compatible. I’ve deleted the app mulitple times and even tried resetting my IPad to remove the newest update. Any ideas?

Hook ipad up to remote as normal then Try this just to see if it will work, turn on remote then drone after they connect try charging remote. I have same problem with 12.9 3rd gen pro, but this method works on it after it connects you can unplug charger. Don't know why it works but it does everytime.

Been using my DJI Air2s with my IPad Pro 11” for a couple months without issue. Updated my Ipad software last night to iOS 15.1.3 and now my Air2S will not connect. Using the same DJI cord. I have connected it to my IPhone and it works fine. Seems that the DJI FLY app is no longer compatible. I’ve deleted the app mulitple times and even tried resetting my IPad to remove the newest update. Any ideas?
I’ve never been able to get the controller to connect to my iPad Pro 11”. Any suggestions?

I can’t seem to connect my controller to my iPad Pro 11” at all. Any suggestions?

I can’t seem to connect my controller to my iPad Pro 11” at all. Any suggestions?
Did you try what I do with 12.9 ipad pro 3rd gen. Hook all up as normal, if you get no camera view try putting a charger on remote. This works for me every time. I just use a battery pack to jump start remote, first have everything on and if it doesnt work then try charging remote at same time.

Hey there, Rnl. I’ve never been able to connect my 12.9 iPad Pro 3rd gen. until today after I read and tried your
suggestion. Many thanks!

Hey there, Rnl. I’ve never been able to connect my 12.9 iPad Pro 3rd gen. until today after I read and tried your
suggestion. Many thanks!
You can use a battery pack in field to jump start it and your welcome

You can use a battery pack in field to jump start it and your welcome
On mine I can use a battery pack in field, once you have camera view you unplug charger.

Are you saying spare drone battery with adapter or power bank? I guess either one would work. I have both.

I'm having the same issue. I got the iPad Pro 11" yesterday and the solution provided did nothing.
I was able to get mine operational with the charging approach. However, the cable I purchased new for the task was also a problem. As soon as I tried the shorter cable that came with the drone it worked. I ended up purchasing a newer braided cable and it works now. The only way I can get it to connect is with charging the remote controller even if only for a few seconds. As soon as it connects I can unplug it.

I'm having the same issue. I got the iPad Pro 11" yesterday and the solution provided did nothing.
A don't start charge until after remote and bird are connected with ipad hooked up and unlocked if no camera view then plug in a charge to remote. Hope it works for ya

A don't start charge until after remote and bird are connected with ipad hooked up and unlocked if no camera view then plug in a charge to remote. Hope it works for ya
Thanks for the response but that did nothing. I've already done that several times and it still says not connected to a mobile device.

I was able to get mine operational with the charging approach. However, the cable I purchased new for the task was also a problem. As soon as I tried the shorter cable that came with the drone it worked. I ended up purchasing a newer braided cable and it works now. The only way I can get it to connect is with charging the remote controller even if only for a few seconds. As soon as it connects I can unplug it.
I did that and get nothing. So frustrating!

Have you tried first powering up the drone, then the remote, and lastly opening the DJI Fly app?

Try this:
1. Power up Drone
2. Power up Controller
3. Once controller stops flashing, attach plug to Controller
4. Make sure iPad is powered off then attach the other side of the plug to iPad
It should start up on its own
5. Open DJI Fly

So I normally don't respond to posts due to me being difficult to play with but I gotta tell you, these guys are feeding you a line of crap by telling you that you need a "SPECIAL" cable. especially the one who thinks he's an apple expert and is stating that the cable that comes with the iPad Pro is only for charging. if that was true you wouldn't be able to sync your iPad Pro to your MacBook Pro while its connected via the cable, you'd only be able to sync it wirelessly. So telling you that you need a special data cable is BS and a waste of money. all you need is a little bit of patients (I know I spelled that wrong and I don't care). the same thing happened to me when I first got my iPad Pro and was searching everywhere for answers, I was a bit pised thinking I couldn't use my iPad Pro with my Air 2 but I Calmed down and just went thru the steps. I turned everything off, turned on the controller first, the drone second, then I turned on the iPad and connected it to the controller USING THE CABLE HAT CAME WITH THE IPAD. I continued to browse the internets and after about 45 seconds EUREKA I could see the camera view on the screen of the iPad.

as long as you continue to keep them connected you can turn off your controller and drone, when you power them back on it boots up normally as if you're using your iPhone. disconnect the controller from the iPad and you'll have to wait those original 45-60seconds. ill attach a picture just to prove to all the nah sayers that I'm not Being you like they are. And no I'm not some new guy that doesn't know crap about drones, DJI sent me a notification stating that I'm on the top .3% of drone pilots GLOBALLY, I'll send a screen shot of that too. best of luck, as Abraham once said, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

So I normally don't respond to posts due to me being difficult to play with but I gotta tell you, these guys are feeding you a line of crap by telling you that you need a "SPECIAL" cable. especially the one who thinks he's an apple expert and is stating that the cable that comes with the iPad Pro is only for charging. if that was true you wouldn't be able to sync your iPad Pro to your MacBook Pro while its connected via the cable, you'd only be able to sync it wirelessly. So telling you that you need a special data cable is BS and a waste of money. all you need is a little bit of patients (I know I spelled that wrong and I don't care). the same thing happened to me when I first got my iPad Pro and was searching everywhere for answers, I was a bit pised thinking I couldn't use my iPad Pro with my Air 2 but I Calmed down and just went thru the steps. I turned everything off, turned on the controller first, the drone second, then I turned on the iPad and connected it to the controller USING THE CABLE HAT CAME WITH THE IPAD. I continued to browse the internets and after about 45 seconds EUREKA I could see the camera view on the screen of the iPad.

as long as you continue to keep them connected you can turn off your controller and drone, when you power them back on it boots up normally as if you're using your iPhone. disconnect the controller from the iPad and you'll have to wait those original 45-60seconds. ill attach a picture just to prove to all the nah sayers that I'm not Being you like they are. And no I'm not some new guy that doesn't know crap about drones, DJI sent me a notification stating that I'm on the top .3% of drone pilots GLOBALLY, I'll send a screen shot of that too. best of luck, as Abraham once said, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan