DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S vs M3 night photos

This is laughable, honestly. The main benefits of ProRes are ease of editing - not in the final compressed version. But there are visible differences - you are choosing not to see them.
Valid point as we’re always looking at a YT compressed version. FWIW, Here’s Billy’s most recent night video review.

Difference is far from minimal! Look at the dynamic range (the difference between black and white) - way more range on the Mavic 3.
Look at the sharpness!
The video was also biased, trying to favour the Air; but the differences are obvious.

If people don’t want to spend the money, or can’t, that’s fine - complain about the price in a dedicated forum. I’m getting annoyed at reading all the rants about how the improvements are “minimal” from people who don’t or can’t, spend the money. It’s pathetic.

4/3 sensor - huge difference
better lens
better flying abilities
the list goes on…
the 3 is a Game Changer.
I agree with you about all the ranting on price. Any one or two of the new features and upgrades make the M3 worth it for a pro and many hobbyists. Aside from camera upgrades and comparisons, extended flight time and side sensors would be enough for me. The MA2S just happens to be a very good drone with great imaging, certainly a worthy choice for anyone.

Reactions: Surge
100%. The MA2S is no doubt fantastic.
I think we are all to benefit - it’s great to have choices, and to not “need” to spend >$1k to enjoy this hobby and to create great video/photographic footage.

If you didn't buy a Fly More, you could still probably get more batteries and spend less than a Fly More Kit.. it all depends on whether the rest of the items in a Fly More are really needed over the base kit and buying an extra battery or two...
That's what I did! Bought the basic M3, 3 extra batteries, the Hub, the 15.5mm wide angle converter, and few more props. I'll never use the $319 bag or their $170 filters. More money left over to try the RC Pro without breaking the bank on the Cine version for ProRes, which I don't need, although an internal SSD would be nice, but not at the expense of no microSD when not shooting in ProRes. Besides, who downloads all their ProRes footage in between flights? I change microSD cards after every flight, when I change batteries. That way, no prior flight footage lost, if the drone is lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Point Zero
If you are a hobbyist who just want to share aerial photos with friends or on social media, then there really is no need to burn extra cash on M3, because it is an overkill for personal usage.

M3 is targeted for professionals who demand high image quality, especially in more challenging light conditions (dawn/dusk/night etc). When you start selling your images, the quality matters a lot. Your client may print the image in very large format, the quality of every pixel matters in in case.

I am a professional who sell thousands of image licenses each year, the improvements on M3 clearly justify its extra cost.
They both suck at low light. So if your clients demand that much from you, you should be looking at something different.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas