DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft disconnected

wisertime

Reactions
Former P3 pilot from phantompiliots.com. Never had any real technical issues with Phantoms.

I was gifted a Mavic recently, by a frustrated family member (was in beginner mode as I had warned). My first update/ test flight went without a hitch. Packed up and went home (windy/cold).

Took it out yesterday and could not connect to the aircraft. Tried restarting everything for an hour multiple times and gave up. All my settings/button defaults were blank in DJI Go4 app. Can't connect to camera. Tried the manual connect via RC button at home, tried a different cable. Bottom of aircraft felt hot (normal?). Swapped out battery thinking it might have diff firmware. Same result.

The only possible change I can think of: One night my phone crashed (HTC one M8) and turned up an error screen of some sort, but got it working in no time again (I think this was after first flight, but can't remember for sure). Somehow all my apps started updating automatically, which I didn't have set before and don't like doing...so both my DJI apps updated I assume (previously I could update/connect w/the Go app before I DL the 4 app.). I think it's vers 2.4.6. Old go app also worked fine with P3P, recognized Mavic.

Today tried again...same results. Last time the controller gave some kind of warning and was appearing to be warning of a shutdown...but only saw one word...no explanation. It says to see app for problem, but when I go into the app it just says latest firmware, Aircraft disconnected...none of the usual !!!! update warnings or abnormal anything. It's almost like the MP was never connected before. I tried the QR scan and that failed. No wifi showed up (but I didn't switch over the wifi switch if that is why?). Back at work now, so not in front of me.

Frustrated and need help...thank you.

Make suresure little switch on the bird is not in wifi position. Or maybe you have a phone issue. Welcome to the forum.

Definitely check the WiFi switch. It sounds like the controller never connected to the Mavic, which is why it automatically shutdown on you (which it does after a couple of minutes - following a series of beeps). You might want to rebind the controller to the aircraft (see YouTube). The controller will work without the app, so tackle the connection problem first - then I bet the app will work fine.

Definitely check the WiFi switch. It sounds like the controller never connected to the Mavic, which is why it automatically shutdown on you (which it does after a couple of minutes - following a series of beeps). You might want to rebind the controller to the aircraft (see YouTube). The controller will work without the app, so tackle the connection problem first - then I bet the app will work fine.
Thanks....on another note. The controller runs down twice as fast as the Phantom series. Is that normal? I'd estimate almost 1% a minute

Former P3 pilot from phantompiliots.com. Never had any real technical issues with Phantoms.

I was gifted a Mavic recently, by a frustrated family member (was in beginner mode as I had warned). My first update/ test flight went without a hitch. Packed up and went home (windy/cold).

Took it out yesterday and could not connect to the aircraft. Tried restarting everything for an hour multiple times and gave up. All my settings/button defaults were blank in DJI Go4 app. Can't connect to camera. Tried the manual connect via RC button at home, tried a different cable. Bottom of aircraft felt hot (normal?). Swapped out battery thinking it might have diff firmware. Same result.

The only possible change I can think of: One night my phone crashed (HTC one M8) and turned up an error screen of some sort, but got it working in no time again (I think this was after first flight, but can't remember for sure). Somehow all my apps started updating automatically, which I didn't have set before and don't like doing...so both my DJI apps updated I assume (previously I could update/connect w/the Go app before I DL the 4 app.). I think it's vers 2.4.6. Old go app also worked fine with P3P, recognized Mavic.

Today tried again...same results. Last time the controller gave some kind of warning and was appearing to be warning of a shutdown...but only saw one word...no explanation. It says to see app for problem, but when I go into the app it just says latest firmware, Aircraft disconnected...none of the usual !!!! update warnings or abnormal anything. It's almost like the MP was never connected before. I tried the QR scan and that failed. No wifi showed up (but I didn't switch over the wifi switch if that is why?). Back at work now, so not in front of me.

Frustrated and need help...thank you.
So is the connection problem between the controller and the Mavic or the controller and the phone? Does the controller screen say "connecting" or does it show the telementry data?
I definitely second what @joejaxvic123 said about the wifi switch, but here is a link on how to rebind the controller to the Mavic just in case.

Thanks....on another note. The controller runs down twice as fast as the Phantom series. Is that normal? I'd estimate almost 1% a minute
The controller battery does seem to drop fairly fast and I find myself recharging it every 3 or 4 flights. Part of the problem being that it charges your phone while you're flying.

The controller battery does seem to drop fairly fast and I find myself recharging it every 3 or 4 flights. Part of the problem being that it charges your phone while you're flying.
I did not know that part. Interesting. Thanks for the link. Tried that.
When I go to link on the App it says something else...like Frequency 1 or 2 (probably update since the link was published). When I click on it and hit ok, nothing happens. Never tries searching.

When I go to link on the App it says something else...like Frequency 1 or 2 (probably update since the link was published). When I click on it and hit ok, nothing happens. Never tries searching.
You pushed the linking button on the AC as well?

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you select frequency 2 than hit ok?

You pushed the linking button on the AC as well?
Yes
Just out of curiosity, what happens if you select frequency 2 than hit ok?
I tried both..same result....no search no action of any sort...have to just hit back arrow...I'll toy around with it more tonight. I kept thinking I turned everything on in the wrong order, but I redid it a number of times.. Might just reinstall the app or something. I've never had this much prolonged problem connecting to either app. But I've seen other threads before posting with similar issues, but the usual solutions aren't working.

Yes

I tried both..same result....no search no action of any sort...have to just hit back arrow...I'll toy around with it more tonight. I kept thinking I turned everything on in the wrong order, but I redid it a number of times.. Might just reinstall the app or something. I've never had this much prolonged problem connecting to either app. But I've seen other threads before posting with similar issues, but the usual solutions aren't working.
Here's DJI's video on the subject, it also shows the alternate method using just the controller and no phone. I agree that reinstalling the app would be the next step.

in addition charging to your mobile device, MP's RC power consuming fast due to its LED display function, it's normal. You may choose it differently from the USB Debugging options like MIDI, MTP etc except Charging. This might help your connection issue too.

Yes

if your RC connected with mobile device (Enter Device should be displayed on the screen of DGJ Go) and RC connected with MP both smoothly but disconnected when you linked three of them, then the communication channel from MP to DJI Go via RC was blocked. Advised to try some different options from USB Debugging Mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony