DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft not connected to RC

paulhat

Reactions
Hi All,

Trying to help a friend out with her Mavic Mini issue.
In short, the TX and phone keep disconnecting. I have tried different phones, tried different firmware versions in the TX and flown in different locations. Phones use are Samsung S10 and S20.
The link breaks withing the first 120 seconds (normally after take off) and doesnt heal itself. Connection between the TX and drone is not effected (I still have control of the drone).
I dont believe there is an issue with the micro usb to usb C cable. when the connection is good I can wiggle the cable with no effects.
Any ideas would be apprecitated. My gut feeling is that the TX is faulty. I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere so I want to have a good crack at fixing it before I get it sent back.

In the screenshot it says "aircraft not connected to RC". The drone is still controllable via the TX but the screen appears to no longer show video feed and the screen based controls no longer work.

Regards,

paul.

Screenshot_20201230-081813.jpg

Something isn't right with the app. When the app gets disconnected from the RC, it will say RC Disconnected.

You say "the TX and phone keep disconnecting" , explain to this American what the TX is.. is that what you call the controller? Thanks, and sorry..

So we found a solution. Put the phone in flight mode.
This morning we tried a number of IPhones and Samsung phones. The IPhones worked with no issue. Each Samsung gave issues. I tried turning on USB debugging on the Androids which didnt help. We then tried flight mode which did the trick. Zero disconnections issues after 2 full battery flights.

Reactions: Thomas B
Assuming you mean by "flight mode" that on the phone you disconnect the phone from all it's radios, Bluetooth, Wifi and Mobile connection. Wonder why that works, must work that way for you, but many of us don't have to do that with Android phones.

I had issues too with the MM1 using my S20 FE, but that's because the OTG adapter is a bit wonky connecting to the RC's micro USB port.

I always seem to have that problem with micro USB. They loosen up too easily or the cable itself goes bad.

Otherwise I didn't have to do anything special. I didn't have issues with the Tab S3 other than app crashes occasionally.

Hi All,

Trying to help a friend out with her Mavic Mini issue.
In short, the TX and phone keep disconnecting. I have tried different phones, tried different firmware versions in the TX and flown in different locations. Phones use are Samsung S10 and S20.
The link breaks withing the first 120 seconds (normally after take off) and doesnt heal itself. Connection between the TX and drone is not effected (I still have control of the drone).
I dont believe there is an issue with the micro usb to usb C cable. when the connection is good I can wiggle the cable with no effects.
Any ideas would be apprecitated. My gut feeling is that the TX is faulty. I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere so I want to have a good crack at fixing it before I get it sent back.

In the screenshot it says "aircraft not connected to RC". The drone is still controllable via the TX but the screen appears to no longer show video feed and the screen based controls no longer work.

Regards,

paul.

View attachment 120350
I have the same problems using a Galaxy S20+ Andriod 11. Got it for Christmas and have nothing but problems. Right now it's a brick because I get so **** frustrated with it.

The way the controller stores the USB cable is a concern to me. I have read quite a few people mention the loss of connection between screen and controller.
The cable stows under the antenna/phone holder, this requires several, relatively sharp bends in the cable. As this will be done repeatedly, my concern is the tiny conductors in the cable could develop stress fractures over time, and cause intermittent contact or fail outright.
If I ever experience the issue, changing the cable will be my first move.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31