DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Orientation Issue

Jdowg92

Reactions
Hi All

Looking for a little bit of advice in regards to the aircraft orientation when flying the DJI Mini.

I seem to have an issue were no matter where im stood the drone its not giving me the right aircraft orientation in the bottom middle of my screen it really seems to be hit and miss it working correctly.

Ive already tried the following:
  • Compass calibration on the drone itself
  • Compass calibration on my Iphone 11 Pro Max
  • All firmware is updated to the latest firmware
  • Making sure the antennas are pointing in the right direction of the drone to ensure good signal
Main reason for the post is ive had it a couple of time now where ive ran into the issue of getting the compass icon in the bottom middle to come up with a flashing red icon looks like its completly lost signal. My worry is the drone was only around 300 ft away when this happened and ive read that is this happens the RTH wont work. Is there anyone here that can maybe help me out trying to resolve theses issues i seem to be running into to.

Hi All

Looking for a little bit of advice in regards to the aircraft orientation when flying the DJI Mini.

I seem to have an issue were no matter where im stood the drone its not giving me the right aircraft orientation in the bottom middle of my screen it really seems to be hit and miss it working correctly.

Ive already tried the following:
  • Compass calibration on the drone itself
  • Compass calibration on my Iphone 11 Pro Max
  • All firmware is updated to the latest firmware
  • Making sure the antennas are pointing in the right direction of the drone to ensure good signal
Main reason for the post is ive had it a couple of time now where ive ran into the issue of getting the compass icon in the bottom middle to come up with a flashing red icon looks like its completly lost signal. My worry is the drone was only around 300 ft away when this happened and ive read that is this happens the RTH wont work. Is there anyone here that can maybe help me out trying to resolve theses issues i seem to be running into to.

I believe this is an issue for quite a few users. There are other threads. Good luck

You mean the arrow representing the craft's orientation on the map of the FLY app is different from the actual orientation ? or you are referring to something else ?

This is a known issue. To be safe, do not use it as guidance. Imagine it's just not there.

You can search for this issue here in the forum. DJI's reply on another user who experienced this is, is that the AC must be away from the RC for the indicator to function properly (this is what I have also found in my MM). I do not think that RTH is affected by this. To verify that the drone's orientation is correct and that you do not have any compass issues, check the AC orientation on the bottom left corner in the mini map. If the orientation is accurate there, you won't be having any RTH/compass issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark