DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft processor chip overheating

AmunRa13

Reactions
Bought my Mavic Air 2 one month back. After about 4 to 6 flight, since last week my mavic air 2 is showing Aircraft processor chip overheating. I was able to fly it twice since the issue started showing up. Its almost winter here now, so the temperature is not an issue( 18 to 25C).

Its extremely hard to import a drone in my country and I had to pay 50% more than the bormal price for this. And now I am having this issue. I am at my wits end as these are imported by importer who I dont think can help much.

I contacted dji online service and they said they will call me back in a couple of days. Did anyone else have this issue? I just want to know what the future holds for this drone :(

I am upset words, due to the fact the time and money i spent to get this drone for my hobby. ?????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201022-160822.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-160822.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20201022-160815.jpg
    Screenshot_20201022-160815.jpg
    970 KB · Views: 48
Likely the cooling fan inside the craft is dead. Has happened to my M2P when it was just 4 months old and flown just for a few times.

I took it to the DJI service center and walked out with a new drone after an hour :) . Happy ever after.
We dont have dji service centre in Bangladesh. Its imported by importers, where you have to pay 50% more than normal price. Waited for over a month for delivery. And after few flights then this. I am so upset...
Ps: thabk you for your reply.

Has it taken in dust & dirt? What surfaces are you taking off/landing from?

Since I have worked on all kinds of electronics this would not be a problem for me since I already have the tools for it.
Getting the parts could be but then again I have not tried to.
I already have the videos and the links to do this if I have to.
If you can get DJI to fix or replace it then let them do it while you can.
You can fix this yourself by watching and trying. First see if you can get the part. Then get the tools for it.
Take your time and do it right.

Reactions: pgenneken
Thank you. Will dji replace it? Since its still under warranty

Normally DJI would replace it for free under warranty, but I'm not sure how it works if you imported it into a country where DJI doesn't have a presence. Only DJI can tell you.

Reactions: AmunRa13
If you do end up replacing the fan yourself...
Make sure the battery is out of the drone before you open it up and start prying things with anything (especially a metal spatula..)... lol
Thank you. Flew it tonight, worked fine. But didnt work today afternoon.

Since I have worked on all kinds of electronics this would not be a problem for me since I already have the tools for it.
Getting the parts could be but then again I have not tried to.
I already have the videos and the links to do this if I have to.
If you can get DJI to fix or replace it then let them do it while you can.
You can fix this yourself by watching and trying. First see if you can get the part. Then get the tools for it.
Take your time and do it right.
Thank you. Flew it tonight, worked fine. But didnt work today afternoon. I think i will wait for their call. Then decide what I should do.

Normally DJI would replace it for free under warranty, but I'm not sure how it works if you imported it into a country where DJI doesn't have a presence. Only DJI can tell you.
Yes, contacted them. They took the serial number and details. They said they will contact me in a day or two.

The problem could be a bad fan or something else. To help determine whether it is the fan itself, I would be inclined to force air to circulate through the drone. This could be compressed air, or a vacuum, set up to pull air out of the exhaust vents. If you do not get the error message when forcing air circulation through the drone, I would consider it likely that the fan has failed. But, if you still receive the error message with artificial airflow, then perhaps it is something that is overheating. On my MP2, there is noticeable airflow from the exhaust vents. I do not know what the airflow characteristics of your drone are. Good luck in fixing your problem!

The problem could be a bad fan or something else. To help determine whether it is the fan itself, I would be inclined to force air to circulate through the drone. This could be compressed air, or a vacuum, set up to pull air out of the exhaust vents. If you do not get the error message when forcing air circulation through the drone, I would consider it likely that the fan has failed. But, if you still receive the error message with artificial airflow, then perhaps it is something that is overheating. On my MP2, there is noticeable airflow from the exhaust vents. I do not know what the airflow characteristics of your drone are. Good luck in fixing your problem!

Good suggestion. May be the sound of the fan can tell something as well. This guy heard something abnormal :

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan