DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft warnings

Roofdrone

Reactions
I think I read there is a warning that can come up on the RC for near by planes when flying. I have never had such a warning come up. Do others get a notice that there is a plane nearby? I had a close call the other day and wow that might be too much excitement.

WHAT DRONE ARE YOU FLYING?

AirSense is a DJI technology that detects nearby manned aircraft such as airplanes and helicopters and notifies the drone pilot. All DJI drone models released after 2020 incorporate the AirSense technology, except for the DJI Mini 2.

The aircraft warnings are entirely dependent on whether the aircraft in question is broadcasting ADS-B signals. Broadcasting ADS-B is strongly recommended by the FAA but there are a lot of small planes in the U.S. that don't have that hardware onboard.

My Mavic 3 Classic has ADS-B built in and I have detected Heli's nearby and dropped my altitude below tree level until it cleared. I love this feature. It detected right before I heard the rotor blade sound. No panic. I did notice if radar screen showed the location. I was too busy safely descending. Thank you DJI.

Last edited:
The aircraft warnings are entirely dependent on whether the aircraft in question is broadcasting ADS-B signals. Broadcasting ADS-B is strongly recommended by the FAA but there are a lot of small planes in the U.S. that don't have that hardware onboard.
The OP isn't asking that. From what I've read so far, none of DJI's drones under 250grams have ADS-B.

My Mavic 3 Classic has ADS-B built in and I have detected Heli's nearby and dropped my altitude below tree level until it cleared. I love this feature. It detected right before I heard the rotor blade sound. No panic. I did notice if radar screen showed the location. I was too busy safely descending. Thank you DJI.
same experiences here with my classic. As soon as the warning appears you can almost immediately hear or see the plane.

The OP isn't asking that. From what I've read so far, none of DJI's drones under 250grams have ADS-B.
OP has a Mavic 3 Pro so he does have an ADS-B detector. No drone has (or is allowed to have by FAA rules) an ADS-B transponder which by definition can send as well as receive.

Reactions: MS Coast
AirSense is a DJI technology that detects nearby manned aircraft such as airplanes and helicopters and notifies the drone pilot. All DJI drone models released after 2020 incorporate the AirSense technology, except for the DJI Mini 2.
Are u sure all, cause I never seen ads-b on the mini 3 pro or mini 4 pro

@StevenBrodsky is incorrect: The Mavic 3 series, Air 2, Air2S, Air 3, and DJI FPV are the only DJI drones that include Airsense.

None of the Mini line have Airsense, or the Avata.

Reactions: rgarjr
Reactions: rgarjr
Also, for drones that do support AirSense, make sure that it is enabled DJI Fly. I have noticed that several time, this feature "turnsed itself off" and has to be reenabled.

I fly what is now considered to be an antiquated M1P and if there are aircraft in the area i get a warning.

Exactly how it is supposed to work. Of course this is dependent on whether the manned acft has a transponder on board and whether they turn it on. From my understanding they are required when they are landing. So if they are flying that low they should be landing or a rescue helicopter. If a plane is flying at 150 feet with no transponder maybe they work for the cartel. HA-HA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13