DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera perspective

JD1964

Reactions
My house is under the landing approach for BWI runway 33. When crossing over my house the planes look fairly close. I can see details like aircraft type, which carrier they are and if landing gear is up or down, etc…

The other day I popped the drone just above my tree canopy to try and shoot video of passing planes. I caught some footage and brought the drone down to process what I had.

In the footage the planes look tiny compared to what I see from watching planes with my naked eye. No way could I make out details without some serious zooming.

What is the reason they look so small on video compared to what I see with my naked eye?

My house is under the landing approach for BWI runway 33. When crossing over my house the planes look fairly close. I can see details like aircraft type, which carrier they are and if landing gear is up or down, etc…

The other day I popped the drone just above my tree canopy to try and shoot video of passing planes. I caught some footage and brought the drone down to process what I had.

In the footage the planes look tiny compared to what I see from watching planes with my naked eye. No way could I make out details without some serious zooming.

What is the reason they look so small on video compared to what I see with my naked eye?
Your camera uses a wide angle lens.

Another reason is that your eyes see a 3D image so you better evaluate perspective of the view. You camera is just a flat image and doesn't represent any depth of view. So, even if you change the camera to telephoto view it will still only be a 2D picture.

Reactions: JD1964
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne