DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airdata Response to DJI Announcement

Recoveryone

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Thanks for sharing. There have been many discussions about this today.

Reactions: sarahb
What announcement ?
The video isn't much use to a deaf person, the subtitles are not good.
They might make sense if you can also hear what is being said but I can't follow them when they are the only source of what is being said.

What announcement ?
They might make sense if you can also hear what is being said but I can't follow them when they are the only source of what is being said.
Is the text transcript feature available on Youtube in Great Britain? There's a link displayed here when you expand the video description with the "more" link.

Here's the blog post from Airdata.com that's discussed in the video. It's the heart of the discussion.

Is the text transcript feature available on Youtube in Great Britain? There's a link displayed here when you expand the video description with the "more" link.

Here's the blog post from Airdata.com that's discussed in the video. It's the heart of the discussion.

The link for the airdata blog has everything an airdata user needs to set up the airdata app to locally collect the logs and sync with airdata's server. I went through their process this afternoon and confirm that I can sync my controller (RC Pro) directly to airdata with the controller set to no longer sync with DJI.

Reactions: PixelMagic
What announcement ?
Did you turn on Close Captioning (CC) it the bottom right corner of screen???

To those asking whether or not I had captions/subtitles on. Yes I did but they are difficult to make sense of when you do not know what is being said.

To those asking whether or not I had captions/subtitles on. Yes I did but they are difficult to make sense of when you do not know what is being said.
If you're in the UK then none of this pertains to you. This is only concerns the law in the US.

If you're in the UK then none of this pertains to you. This is only concerns the law in the US.
I am aware of that but whether or not I am in America is not connected to my being able to make sense of the subtitle I could see.

Perhaps so: but concern shown over what U.S fliers are currently facing reflects the certainty that this hysterical paranoia will be exported to our side of the pond sooner rather than later.

It also shows something called 'international solidarity', which if it were a more prevalent sentiment might have made the process of scuppering hobby and small business use of consumer class drones a lot harder for bureaucratic turdskinners to achieve.... a word chosen to reflect the mentality of the individuals responsible for inserting layers of micromanagement into simple and harmless pastimes.

Last edited:
Putting politics aside ,
Ive been using Airdata.com for years, long before all this crap started with USA Vs DJI .
it is just nice to have all my flight data & stuff on my device when out in the field on a flight mission, I can keep all my pilot certificate and LANCC approvals and everything all on one app for the authorities in cases I am asked for it.
Airdata.com app is free to use. But I think most users will be willing to pay $25 a year for the hobby tier for all the extra details on your data. even the free tier gives you pretty good details like battery trends etc.
But that is my 2 cents I can't control what our governments will ban/not ban. There is to many unelected bureaucrats, making life impossible for everyone. So that why I started using airdata to begin with.

Its a good alternative. to having no place at all to keep your flight records, or you can pay Aloft about $300 a year to use their flight data app. Plus keeping flight data stored on your phone takes up to much precious storage space.
I like Aridata for all those reasons, But that's my 2 cents. other peoples opinions may vary

Click my air data badge I double dare you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rjwmorrell
Perhaps so: but concern shown over what U.S fliers are currently facing reflects the certainty that this hysterical paranoia will be exported to our side of the pond sooner rather than later.

It also shows something called 'international solidarity', which if it were a more prevalent sentiment might have made the process of scuppering hobby and small business use of consumer class drones a lot harder for bureaucratic turdskinners to achieve.... a word chosen to reflect the mentality of the individuals responsible for inserting layers of micromanagement into simple and harmless pastimes.
Let's begin.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrover61