DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AirData

Martysticks

Reactions
OK, I've only been flying for about a year, and have had over 150 flights between my Mavic Air and Mavic Pro Platinum. One of the advertisements I caught while browsing the forums was for AirData (www.airdata.com).

Wow, how did I miss this wonderful tool? I've seen where folks have analyzed flights for pilots using CsvView and DatCon, but I've never had much luck with those. I've been playing around with AirData for a few hours now and I'm amazed at what information I can get. I set it up to sync with my IOS tablet and within just a few minutes I had over 76 flights loaded for viewing (I only pulled the last 6 months).

Anyone that flies could really benefit with this application....I think it's wonderful to see what was happening along any particular flight.

Hope this helps others out there that would like to see what their drone is doing during flight.

Reactions: Greenflash
Yes it sure is a great way to easily see all your data after flights and store it all to view later, I have been using them since 2017.
But unfortunately, I have decided to let my last few weeks run out and cancel, as I will now keep my Mavics offline permanently. DJI is feeding unwanted warnings and who knows what else?? So I will no longer be able to sync the data.

Yes, AirData is awesome! I routinely review flight data, looking for notifications I might have missed during a flight and checking on battery performance. I have come to rely on the maintenance scheduling as well. I had a couple issues with my logs not uploading properly after doing an update to my smart controller and was amazed at how responsive and helpful AirData support was. Big Fan.

Reactions: Jeff A
When I started to get an interest in the flight logs (a good way to grow confidence as you understand what's happening) ... I too discovered Airdata as a good tool to quickly get an overview & also a place to gather all flights in one place.

The Airdata HD player lets you replay the flight to easier understand what's going on ... a lot of values to look at, but perhaps harder to find specific moments that you want to look closer at & dig into.

1584716478979.png

I still today use Airdata but have it nowadays more for one common place for my TXT logs & most for the paid functions regarding wind data & battery trends ... the later hopefully will save me in the future from a sudden cell failure in mid air.

1584716733573.png

My main tool for log analyzes is today CsvView ... which gives me a much more complete overview, more drill down possibilities & an easier way to combine related data and filter out that I don't want to see ... Below the same data signals as shown in the first Airdata HD player pic ... but here the whole flight at the same time, the marker placed at where the drone are in the Airdata view.

Much easier to see here which max height I had in this flight for instance ... so don't give up on CsvView ;)

1584717131560.png

Then if you extend this to the DAT logs (which also can be uploaded to Airdata but only certain signals can be shown...) to get hold of the raw sensor & motor data for a more extensive investigation ... a tool like CsvView is really a must.

Here from again the same spot in the flight ... showing the motor RPM's together with the IMUYaw & magYaw (compass) angles ...

1584717343128.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan