DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmap gets it wrong - in a big way

Garatshay

Reactions
Airmap - the popular flight-planning tool - came out with a really stupid statement this week on Twitter advocating drone take-off and landing fees. I've deleted my app - once you've watched this video explaining the situation - you may choose to do the same..https://youtu.be/IlfGFb7dCvg

Airmap - the popular flight-planning tool - came out with a really stupid statement this week on Twitter advocating drone take-off and landing fees. I've deleted my app - once you've watched this video explaining the situation - you may choose to do the same..https://youtu.be/IlfGFb7dCvg
Yep. They’re licking their wounds like several other potential UTM providers after the FAA decided to not implement the internet/network requirement. Could’ve been a cash cow for them (still might happen at a later date.
I stopped using AirMap sometime ago because of their attitude toward us droners.
I use Kittyhawk at the moment.

These are just suggestions and most likely aimed a huge companies that want to do a couple hundred flights a day .
There is no Basis for this , however the comments are incredibly stupid and it will most likely cost them in the long run.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain /Snow

Airmap has long since been going after the High End Commercial sector and abandoning anyone less. I dropped them a couple of years ago and never looked back. Airmap who?

LOL

Hi Garatshay...thanks for the heads-up. Do you perhaps have an alternate link to the video as this one does not work for me

I just wrote Airmap a very stern letter advising them to retract their statement and ideas.... unfortunately even if they do some kind of "retraction" I think they have already tipped their hand and we see the true intentions of this company. (benefit the big boys and money interests only).

Airmap, in my eyes, has been suspect since they entered the LAANC services. It pisses me off that I actually helped them de-bug a few issues with there app early on.

I for one will be looking elsewhere.

I gave up on Airmap a long time ago. Kittyhawk offers the correct functionality for my business.
I have both apps-Airmap and Kittyhawk, I like using both, but Kittyhawk would tell me the area i'm in is good to fly, then when I check Airmap it tells me that I can't fly, which one should I use, if I keep listening to Airmap I'll never get off the ground?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55