DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmap Help

alexhoder

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I’ve been reading about Airmap’s ability to digitally notify airports when necessary. When creating a flight plan, I’m advised that notifying the airport is necessary, and that the airport accepts digital notice. But how does one go about actually sending that digital notice? I go though all the steps to create the flight plan, and at no point am I presented the option to digitally notify the airport. Reading Airmap’s support, I see that simply creating the flight plan does not send digital notice. Any help is appreciated!

Alex

B2495F4F-3F40-4493-965B-BD4F380A4059.png D19B7640-7D55-471A-95CD-D857D269CB07.png F780DEDD-8C43-491D-A1C5-5575D9A8FF90.png D17396AA-8230-4968-8F68-01525DBC2441.png
Did you read this? How to Submit a Digital Flight Notice to Airports - AirMap

Does the airport you are interested in participate in AirMap's D-NAS?

Does an airport accept D-NAS?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I’ve read both of those. In the first article, it says there should be an option “Submit Digital Notice to These Aiports.” That option never appears for me. And in the second article, it states that “Airports accepting digital notice through AirMap will show ‘Accepts Digital Notice’ in place of a phone number.” The airport I’m referring to does indeed do that. I’ve attached screenshots.

On your last image, when you hit “Submit Flight” you will see the next step needed so the app can send the digital notice.

Hmm upon hitting “Submit Flight” there is no next step for me as it then immediately begins the timer for the flight. Screenshot attached. I also hit all of the buttons on this screen (the checklist button and alert sign button) and neither of those had any way to submit notice either.
5b3cb5d60d9fe058e7edf1ce168257b7.jpg

@alexhoder, If you’ve submitted your number, it should text you with a notification that the digital notification was sent, unless you’re not within 5 miles of an airport, and that is what your color ring appears to show.

So from the the color on your map, you don’t appear to be in a controlled airspace location. If you tap the triangle with the exclamation point inside, that will show you, red will signify a controlled air space and you will see what needs digital notification or permission for flight from there.

Last edited:
Just fly low, and safe/LOS...life can be a overly complex ordeal

So when I tap the triangle with the exclamation point (attached screenshot), it does seem to confirm that I am within the 5 miles of an airport and in controlled airspace. I have also confirmed that my phone number is in my AirMap profile, however I’ve never gotten a text.
9bf13f5501dd1c6ff59cc53a7127f26e.jpg

For comparison also, here’s a screenshot of the edge of the airport ring showing that the orange color that I’m in vs the neutral map color
fa6152304d0a5f85a9fa95ab68f3bc13.jpg

No luck. I believe I’m doing it correctly based on the official support documents and the responses I’ve gotten here. But I cannot figure out why it still seems to not work for me.

No luck. I believe I’m doing it correctly based on the official support documents and the responses I’ve gotten here. But I cannot figure out why it still seems to not work for me.
Hey Alex,

I've been wondering this same issue too so I emailed AirMap's support and they informed me that the literature online where there's a knob to submit digital notices is now gone. When you submit the flight plan and all that apparently they automatically submit to airports that accept digital notice. I have some friends that work at a control tower since I used to work for a fire dept with helicopter fleet and they confirmed that it showed up on their Airmap admin/monitoring app for airports. You can clarify with Marshall at AirMap just in case for peace of mind. :)

I believe his email is: [email protected]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400