DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AirSense (ADS-B) related query

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
I am on Fly v1.4.8 (1120) installed on an Android. I have turned on the AirSense (ADS-B) feature in the Safety menu but have yet to get a notification. Today I noticed a commercial airliner that was far away from the drone but not that far to not issue an alert by the AirSense. I am flying in Asia.

Does AirSense work only in specific countries? Or is there a detection range for this to work?

I am on Fly v1.4.8 (1120) installed on an Android. I have turned on the AirSense (ADS-B) feature in the Safety menu but have yet to get a notification. Today I noticed a commercial airliner that was far away from the drone but not that far to not issue an alert by the AirSense. I am flying in Asia.

Does AirSense work only in specific countries? Or is there a detection range for this to work?
That is correct. there is a range and altitude in which AirSense will warn you. I don't believe there is a restriction to where it works since it is a passive RECEIVER.

you should see a warning pop up eventually. I wish I could tone down the sensitivity on my ADS-B. It is more of a nuisance in busy air spaces than anything.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
That is correct. there is a range and altitude in which AirSense will warn you. I don't believe there is a restriction to where it works since it is a passive RECEIVER.

you should see a warning pop up eventually. I wish I could tone down the sensitivity on my ADS-B. It is more of a nuisance in busy air spaces than anything.
I am certain now that it is working. You can reduce sensitivity through the map option lower left. Bring the map forefront and tap the airplane icon, you will see multiple collision alert sensitivity options from low and all to high only.

I am certain now that it is working. You can reduce sensitivity through the map option lower left. Bring the map forefront and tap the airplane icon, you will see multiple collision alert sensitivity options from low and all to high only.
OMG! As soon as have time I'll definitively check that! You just taught me something new and I thank you for that.

OMG! As soon as have time I'll definitively check that! You just taught me something new and I thank you for that.
Welcome sir. This is my first drone and I am learning something new every day! I hope it works out for you! Thank you too.

You're only going to get an alert when it is decided that there is a risk of a collision, it's not going to start sending alerts that there are aircraft tens of thousands of feet above you.

You're only going to get an alert when it is decided that there is a risk of a collision, it's not going to start sending alerts that there are aircraft tens of thousands of feet above you.
That's probably TCAS you are talking about which is not applicable to consumer UAVs. But yes there yes a certain range for the ADS-B receiver to work for the A2S

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter