DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace authorization

jackbenesch

Reactions
In Kittyhawk it says Permissible altitude for authorization 100ft class "D". . Does this me I need to get authorization to fly? There is no Get Authorization link.

Thanks

In Kittyhawk it says Permissible altitude for authorization 100ft class "D". . Does this me I need to get authorization to fly? There is no Get Authorization link.

Thanks
Yes it you are in Class D airspace then you do indeed need FAA authorization to fly there, and when it is obtained you can only fly in the approved area, only up to the maximum approved height, and only in the time frame approved.

I do not use KittyHawk so I do not know the approval process from within that app.

Thanks
Yes, you must get permission through LAANC and you will only be permitted to 100 ft there.
once you create an account in Kittyhawk you can get the authorization.

Reactions: Bobvt
Yes, you must get permission through LAANC and you will only be permitted to 100 ft there.
once you create an account in Kittyhawk you can get the authorization.
in the app you are promoted to select from o to 400 ft,if you select above 100 ft. you will be denied,Sooo select 100 and you'll be ok,
Make sense?

Bob

@jackbenesch ... if it is a frequent flying area you can get a long term clearance via FAA DroneZone. I have one for a 4 square mile area that includes restricted airspace for 2 airports, a regional and a local. Takes a day or two.

Reactions: BigAl07
It's important for everyone to understand that it's not an AUTOMATIC/Guaranteed Approval.... Airport operations are very dynamic and things can change causing what should be an automatic approval to get denied. Airport Maintenance, changes in pattern, changes in amount/type of traffic etc can cause a denial when other times it's an instant APPROVAL.

Don't bet the farm that you'll always get the approval you need even if you do everything perfectly. It's almost always a YES but sometimes you could get a Wha Wha WAAAAA....

Just food for thought :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998