DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alaska Railroad Train Footage

Lovely work. Can I ask a question please? You seem to be getting the "watercolour" effect that is being discussed on another thread. You're only getting it on some footage- with very finely detailed foliage for instance. I'm trying to get a handle on what conditions it occurs under. I think I've kind of nailed it down to either sharpness set to a negative number or shot in low light. Can you please tell me what settings you were using? Thanks!

Lovely work. Can I ask a question please? You seem to be getting the "watercolour" effect that is being discussed on another thread. You're only getting it on some footage- with very finely detailed foliage for instance. I'm trying to get a handle on what conditions it occurs under. I think I've kind of nailed it down to either sharpness set to a negative number or shot in low light. Can you please tell me what settings you were using? Thanks!
Custom -1,-1,-1 Cinelite

Great footage!

I can't believe you scared them couple moose and made them run in front of the train! Near miss! At least that's what the news headline would read! :)

Reactions: MikeC
good job! I love that video. How long did it take you to do it?

Thanks for that. It seems to fit the pattern I'm seeing. I'm hoping to build up a profile of the best settings to use under different situations.
Let me know what you come up with. Thanks

Great work - I enjoyed watching it.
(So real that I even feel the cold!)☃️[emoji300]️

Great Shots!!
Do you live close to the tracks and know the schedule or is that something you had to investigate as well?

Reactions: EJay
Great Shots!!
Do you live close to the tracks and know the schedule or is that something you had to investigate as well?
Thanks, I live about 3 miles from the tracks and can hear the whistle when it comes through town. I know the schedule and try to have the drone in the air when it comes by. A lot of work for 10 seconds of video.

Thanks, some real cold days

Interested to know what the temperature is when it's 'cold' in Alaska?

I live in southern Australia [emoji1037] where 'cold' is under 10 degrees C.
Those Mavic comments about warming up batteries in cold conditions etc are hypothetical here. Smart devices we have that can operate in extreme temperatures. [emoji818]️

Apart from the odd mountain top ski, I've never been or lived in a frozen landscape so I don't appreciate what you guys endure. Is it fun rubbing noses? [emoji7][emoji16] Whoops - way off the topic here!

Interested to know what the temperature is when it's 'cold' in Alaska?

I live in southern Australia [emoji1037] where 'cold' is under 10 degrees C.
Those Mavic comments about warming up batteries in cold conditions etc are hypothetical here. Smart devices we have that can operate in extreme temperatures. [emoji818]️

Apart from the odd mountain top ski, I've never been or lived in a frozen landscape so I don't appreciate what you guys endure. Is it fun rubbing noses? [emoji7][emoji16] Whoops - way off the topic here!
I have actually flown in -18F...about -27C. The battery lasted longer than my fingers did.

I have actually flown in -18F...about -27C. The battery lasted longer than my fingers did.

Wow, a deep freeze is -18C, but -27C is hard for me to comprehend.
I will watch your video with more appreciation.

We talk about a sun-hood, but you need something like this....
f184e48ba77ba68e4559d03a80b91ef6.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_