DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech Antenna Blocks HDMI Port On Smart Controller

stephenomena

Reactions
Hi guys,

Just wondering how others have gotten around this problem...

The bracket of the Alientech Antenna prevents the ability to connect anything to the HDMI & USB ports on the top of the Smart Controller.
Those that have a Smart Controller with the Alientech Antennas fitted will know exactly what I mean.

Im waiting for a low profile 90 degree hdmi adapter to arrive this week, and a flat HDMI Ribbon cable as well, so am hoping that either of those will work.

Due to getting some paid drone work, I would like to output to a 2nd display while flying so that the client can observe the footage being captured, but the Alientech Antenna's are preventing that.

Is there anybody here who has managed to get around this issue?

1st Post, Thanks guys, Australia here btw.

Long live the forums! :)

image7.jpg
image8.jpg

Hi guys,

Just wondering how others have gotten around this problem...

The bracket of the Alientech Antenna prevents the ability to connect anything to the HDMI & USB ports on the top of the Smart Controller.
Those that have a Smart Controller with the Alientech Antennas fitted will know exactly what I mean.

Im waiting for a low profile 90 degree hdmi adapter to arrive this week, and a flat HDMI Ribbon cable as well, so am hoping that either of those will work.

Due to getting some paid drone work, I would like to output to a 2nd display while flying so that the client can observe the footage being captured, but the Alientech Antenna's are preventing that.

Is there anybody here who has managed to get around this issue?

1st Post, Thanks guys, Australia here btw.

Long live the forums! :)

View attachment 120291
View attachment 120292

Hi, which Alientech booster do you have? Alientech sells a qma extender to give u that clearance... also use an angled hdmi cabl also... enclosed are the links..since i have that dual monitor setup ,SC & Feelworld monitor with a Lifthor SC bracket... here are the links: QMA-QMA Extended Conversion Plug CERRXIAN Lemeng 1FT Flat Slim High Speed HDMI Cable A Male to 90 Degree Down Angle A Male Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EPHT9SC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_3MS6Fb7M2WRYJ

this a pic of my set up...
b9a5a27bbe17fd2f2ed795142991d5cd.jpg
IMG_1624.JPGIMG_1624.JPG

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That's a great setup you have there!

Im using the AT Duo II.

Ive had a bit of a winge to AT about this issue and I'm surprised that they didn't recommend those QMA extenders.

Received the low profile 90deg HDMI adapter this morning... Doesn't fit.
Probably another week or so before the HDMI Ribbon cable arrives from AliExpress... Fingers crossed.

Do the QMA extenders impact the quality of the range/boost of the AT Antenna's?

Reactions: alexdrago87
That's a great setup you have there!

Im using the AT Duo II.

Ive had a bit of a winge to AT about this issue and I'm surprised that they didn't recommend those QMA extenders.

Received the low profile 90deg HDMI adapter this morning... Doesn't fit.
Probably another week or so before the HDMI Ribbon cable arrives from AliExpress... Fingers crossed.

Do the QMA extenders impact the quality of the range/boost of the AT Antenna's?

no they dont but they do give u that clearance space your lookn for also ive shaved off some of that aluminum of the Lifthor bracket to use the antenna without the qma adapters also for a more tighter snug fit... hows that AT Duo ii....? post up some pics of ur setup...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU