DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alientech booster Inside the guts.

I know the antennas are connected to the amplifiers and the aluminum part is a ground plate,but ther is no reflector

Last edited:
Dunno mate, I think the Aluminium part is a chassis, the etched copper could be a ground plane, but I don't even know what your question is...

Reactions: Lou sheppard
First I want to apologize for my bad knowledge of English.I'm interested in what type of antenna is it ... what do you mean by that ? is that a pach antenna,dipole antenna,Etc... I was not successful in finding the information-specifications for that antenna but I managed to find out that Gsky 7dBi antenna uses the same pcb what do I mean by reflector? An antenna reflector is a device that reflectselectromagnetic waves. Antenna reflectors can exist as a standalone device for redirecting radio frequency (RF) energy, or can be integrated as part of an antenna assembly. so the copper parts are antenna elements below them there is no reflector only a large aluminum section that holds the entire construction is it possible that the aluminum part is used as a reflektor my opinion is that this aluminum part is not a reflector because it serves as a common ground for amplifiers and batteries maybe i'm wrong so i asking you all If that is the case then we do not have the directed 4w energy in one direction we have a regular dipole antenna and it looks like a dipole antenna PCB

This is my plan i would use these boosters 4 Watt Wifi drahtlose Breitbandverstärker Router 2,4 GHz Power Range Signal Booster Kostenloser Versand in 4 Watt Wifi drahtlose Breitbandverstärker Router 2,4 GHz Power Range Signal Booster Kostenloser Versand aus Signal-verstärker auf AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group I bought ALIENTECH Antenna booster I was really disappointed. What's interesting he uses the same 4W boosters (link). The thermal effect between the aluminum plate and the boosters is very bad,they glue thermal sensors whit silicone simple horror. So I'm going to modify it all give him a little dignity isolate amplifiers from each other put thermal pads between aluminium plate and boosters and use nylon screws and of course use a real thermal pasty XD remove the internal antennas ! oh yeah the antennas are the same as Gsky 7dBi Panel XD totally ****, make the SMA outputs and connect two yagi antennas Super 7 Element Yagi Antennen Tracker SMA Winkelstecker FPV Video 2,4GHz 25cm Ka | eBay

Last edited:
The antennas are basic reflector panel antennas, with top and bottom dipoles for diversity. Keep in mind that only the left RF output amp is working, because the left antenna transmits and the right antenna is for receive on the Mavic Pro. "View is from remote control operator". Both amps are "bi-directional" by looking at the picture. Thanks for taking inside pictures. I also have the Alientech and it seems to work well in comparison to the factory antennas. I noticed an improvement getting through tree foliage, but haven't taken it out in an open area to make an actual distant comparison. A little heavy and costly at $248.00. I am happy with mine anyway.

This is my plan i would use these boosters 4 Watt Wifi drahtlose Breitbandverstärker Router 2,4 GHz Power Range Signal Booster Kostenloser Versand in 4 Watt Wifi drahtlose Breitbandverstärker Router 2,4 GHz Power Range Signal Booster Kostenloser Versand aus Signal-verstärker auf AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group I bought ALIENTECH Antenna booster I was really disappointed. What's interesting he uses the same 4W boosters (link). The thermal effect between the aluminum plate and the boosters is very bad,they glue thermal sensors whit silicone simple horror. So I'm going to modify it all give him a little dignity isolate amplifiers from each other put thermal pads between aluminium plate and boosters and use nylon screws and of course use a real thermal pasty XD remove the internal antennas ! oh yeah the antennas are the same as Gsky 7dBi Panel XD totally ****, make the SMA outputs and connect two yagi antennas Super 7 Element Yagi Antennen Tracker SMA Winkelstecker FPV Video 2,4GHz 25cm Ka | eBay
Why are you so disappointed in the amplifier? Did it not work properly for you?

I have one of the "Dragon" amps -- hope everyone knows what I mean by that. Anyway, it that amp bi-directional? Can I feed the remote controller input to it from either end?

Also, if I remember right (which is usually not the case anymore), the Dragon is a 4 watt amplifier. Has anyone found a good, reliable, robust higher wattage amp for feeding the panel antennas?

I am very happy with my Alientech antenna. In the deserts of AZ I get max signal strength indication on my CS display out to about 2-2.5 miles (can’t see my ARC2strobes past this). It is a much more focused beam so pointing the antenna is a bit more important compared to stock. I like this booster also because it was a nondestructive install not requiring opening of the controller body and it detached quickly (<5 sec) for storage or transport. I don’t personally want large antennae in my way or exposed and more prone to damage. As pointed out above it’s pricey. But regardless of what’s inside the panel it works. Still, it’s each to her/his own.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000