Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Alientech booster Inside the guts.

sprtbkrydr

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Alientech antenna. In the deserts of AZ I get max signal strength indication on my CS display out to about 2-2.5 miles (can’t see my ARC2strobes past this). It is a much more focused beam so pointing the antenna is a bit more important compared to stock. I like this booster also because it was a nondestructive install not requiring opening of the controller body and it detached quickly (<5 sec) for storage or transport. I don’t personally want large antennae in my way or exposed and more prone to damage. As pointed out above it’s pricey. But regardless of what’s inside the panel it works. Still, it’s each to her/his own.
I'm thinking about trying one myself heck I've tried everything else out there.

Reactions: Thomas B

sprtbkrydr

Reaction score
You and me both! Thumbswayup But I have this urge to make things optimal... it’s almost self-destructive
Just placed my order for the 2.4ghz Alientech Pro booster for my Mavic 2 Zoom. We'll see if it's crap or not.
" gain up to 16 DBi, VSWR ≤ 1.4, and efficiency is close to 80%." Don't sound too bad on the specs.

Last edited:

sprtbkrydr

Reaction score
Well my first test with the Ailentech went great. Just messing around trying to get the feel for the antenna and I ended up going 24000 feet. The left control signal graph was pegged out the complete trip while the right side video graph varied but I never lost signal. Turned around with left side pegged and the right side was showing 4 bars. Thing is I've never been able to go that direction and get any kind of distance. This thing seems to be working and working pretty well.

Reactions: Texas Mavic

Thomas B

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Well my first test with the Ailentech went great. Just messing around trying to get the feel for the antenna and I ended up going 24000 feet. The left control signal graph was pegged out the complete trip while the right side video graph varied but I never lost signal. Turned around with left side pegged and the right side was showing 4 bars. Thing is I've never been able to go that direction and get any kind of distance. This thing seems to be working and working pretty well.
Very cool! Almost 5 miles with full signal

Reactions: sprtbkrydr