DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL THE GRAPPLE SWATS YOU AND THE FRONT LOADER FLATENS YOU

Tail Gunner

Reactions
While shooting the scrap yard where I work I underestimated the reach of the material handlers boom. Smacked down from behind. Battery must have popped out when it hit the ground and the front loader finished me off. I have a video but I'm not sure how to upload it. 20210122_132110.jpg

@Tail Gunner Sorry for your loss.

no one can upload video to this server.... Post it to a site such as YouTube. Get the share link. Then post the share link and a preview of your video will appear. Playback will visually seem to be on the forum. Be sure to designate the video as public on the host site.

Reactions: Hank Fink
sorry for your loss ,you could set it in a block of clear resin, as a reminder of what happened,every time you look at it,doubt if it will ever fly again

That’s a lesson I learned early on... it is very difficult to estimate distance in the 2 dimensional camera view.
I find it hard to estimate distance (to an obstacle) directly in line behind the done even when I'm watching it, not the display. The further away it is the harder it gets, for me. Either side is easier, both on screen and when eyeballing it.

Re. the video, I would have been up and out of there the first time that grapple swung past, yikes...

Last edited:
There was plenty of distance between the mavic and the grapple. The problem was while he was holding the piece of chassis he was swinging it nice and easy. On the return Swing swing he swung it much faster and momentum carried it out another 15 feet.

Reactions: Rich QR
Big time bummer. It looks like the parts aren't even salvageable. $60 a year thru State Farm insurance policy, they'd replace it, even fly always or unrecoverable drones. I think it's better than the DJI Refresh policy. Good luck.

Big time bummer. It looks like the parts aren't even salvageable. $60 a year thru State Farm insurance policy, they'd replace it, even fly always or unrecoverable drones. I think it's better than the DJI Refresh policy. Good luck.
I have never heard of the policy is it under homeowners ?
Please reply.
Robert Pawlusiak

No, it can be specifically written to cover your drone and all accessories. I pay $75 per year for my State Farm policy. Replacement only, not liability.

Reactions: RMS001
No, it can be specifically written to cover your drone and all accessories. I pay $75 per year for my State Farm policy. Replacement only, not liability.

$60 here. I think it's considered a "personal articles" policy. Same coverage you'd get for your wife's wedding ring.

I'm not a fan of insurance for frivolous stuff, but I was certain I'd wreck mine in the first week :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky