DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All I can say is "Wow"!

Couldn't agree more! The Ultras have been worth the wait, I just picked one up for myself last week and have really been putting it to good use. Love it.

Enjoy it!

We also have limited supply of CS 7.85" Ultras currently IN STOCK with free expedited shipping within the US. They can be found here: DJI CrystalSky Monitor – 7.85" CrystalSky Ultra Bright Video Monitor

Give us a shout with any questions.

Yeah I would retract my "wow" statement if I could...little pissed that I can't use my CS with the Air I have purchased.

Reactions: Advexure
I assume this is because of the version of DJI Go 4 app on CS hasn't been updated to latest version? No way to manually update?
Correct and there's no update available yet

Correct and there's no update available yet

Hopefully real soon! We’ve fully migrated to only using CS for the most part. Back to using my iPhone X for the time being on my Mavic Air which I don’t like as I can’t navigate the phone if I need to when it’s mounted (no home button and hard to get at the bottom to swipe up). Will make do for hopefully just a few more days.

A picture of it turned on would have been better.

DJI needs to move faster with the CS software updates if they want us to take it seriously. The MA announcement presentation had one of the DJI reps using the CS with the MA so we know they have a beta version of the app working.

Aside from cost, this is my biggest gripe with the CS. Not being able to depend on quick updates is a problem.

So its not bright enough to show up in a picture? Here is a picture of the ipad mini 4.
Costs less, does more, lighter, and you can get a picture of the screen. :Dipad mini 4.jpg

Reactions: maven4336 and JMF
clockwise direction, Ipad 5th Gen 9.7, Ipad Pro 10.5, Ipad Mini 4 and Crystalsky UB, all at maximum brightness.

Therefore order of brightness

1) CS UB
2) Ipad Pro 10.5
3) Ipad 5th Gen - by a whisker
4) Ipad Mini 4

ipad brightness - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Forestjim and JMF
Wait, I thought "Screen brightness is not represented in a photo. It never is."
now you went and proved me wrong! :D

Reactions: JMF
Thanks to all the posts showing the different brightness of the different screens, that don't show well in photo's ;)

Reactions: colinfowler
Thanks to all the posts showing the different brightness of the different screens, that don't show well in photo's ;)
The difference in screen brightness depicts well indoors...taking pics of screen brightness outdoors in sunlight doesn't depict very well.

It's not. While the above photos give a good idea, (thank you @Anthony Viscomi and @lannes), you still have to actually see the device in action to truly see how bright it is.
100% true...as I stated before, when turning it on indoors I actually have to lower the brightness.

I received my Crystalsky 7.85 UB yesterday along with the DJI Mavic/Spark mount. My 1st impressions are WOW! I have not had a chance to take it out in direct sunlight yet, but using it at dusk I had to actually turn down the brightness. As far as the mount goes, IMO DJI did a GREAT job engineering this and the quality is A1.

View attachment 27758
I have one also, and Wow! doesn't do it justice. Try mounting it on a tripod, and raise the tripod up to eye level Wow! Wow! Wow! It's liberating. You can use the Crystalsky mount from Mavic mount for $29. It fit's the standard tripod shoe screws perfectly.
I think buying the Crystalsky was as important an investment in drone flying as any drone purchase could be. It transforms the experience from endless monitor frustration to final solution. I treat the unit like a precious commodity, soooooo careful transporting it etc...

I have one also, and Wow! doesn't do it justice. Try mounting it on a tripod, and raise the tripod up to eye level Wow! Wow! Wow! It's liberating. You can use the Crystalsky mount from Mavic mount for $29. It fit's the standard tripod shoe screws perfectly.
I think buying the Crystalsky was as important an investment in drone flying as any drone purchase could be. It transforms the experience from endless monitor frustration to final solution. I treat the unit like a precious commodity, soooooo careful transporting it etc...

If mine can last a year I'll keep it, otherwise I'll claim the warranty and sell the replacement

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3