DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All I can say is "Wow"!

I'm considering getting a Crystal Sky but I've never seen one in person. I know I want the larger screen.

I read that the Ultra-Bright version is definitely bright enough to fly in direct sunlight with ease.

Can I please get some opinions on whether or not it's worth the $300 difference between the High Brightness and Ultra Brightness versions? Is the standard High Brightness version bright enough to fly at high-noon on a clear sunny day and see clearly with no glare?

Thoughts? $1000 seems like a lot for a monitor. Is it worth it? I have the goggles and love them, and I use the iPad Mini4 when I'm not using those.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Can I please get some opinions on whether or not it's worth the $300 difference between the High Brightness and Ultra Brightness versions?
The $300 extra dollars is a bit of a jump, but if its within your budget I would get the Ultra

I've been using an iPad Air2 and always have to use a shield in the sun. Without the shield, the iPad is completely useless. I've been researching the Crystalsky monitors for a few months. I've read a lot about overheating with the 2000 nit versions. I live in Maryland and in the summer you can easily be flying on a 100-degree day. I've had several overheating failures with my iPad. So, I decided to order a 1000 nit 7.8" Crystalsky. Even before it was delivered I was second-guessing myself and thinking I should have just gone ahead and ordered the 2000 nit version. Today I received the 1000 nit Crystalsky and tested it in the noon sun, with no shield. It's really amazing. I'm sure the 2000 nit model is even more amazing but I don't regret my choice at all. I think I'll be less prone to overheating issues and the brightness and clarity is truly amazing. Maybe when the next version of the Ultra bright comes out I'll entertain it but for now, I'm thrilled with the standard 7.8 Crystalsky.

I've been using an iPad Air2 and always have to use a shield in the sun. Without the shield, the iPad is completely useless. I've been researching the Crystalsky monitors for a few months. I've read a lot about overheating with the 2000 nit versions. I live in Maryland and in the summer you can easily be flying on a 100-degree day. I've had several overheating failures with my iPad. So, I decided to order a 1000 nit 7.8" Crystalsky. Even before it was delivered I was second-guessing myself and thinking I should have just gone ahead and ordered the 2000 nit version. Today I received the 1000 nit Crystalsky and tested it in the noon sun, with no shield. It's really amazing. I'm sure the 2000 nit model is even more amazing but I don't regret my choice at all. I think I'll be less prone to overheating issues and the brightness and clarity is truly amazing. Maybe when the next version of the Ultra bright comes out I'll entertain it but for now, I'm thrilled with the standard 7.8 Crystalsky.

Good choice, I know many of us who own the CS UB want to move back to the HB models, they are just more robust and are plenty bright for all situations.
Unfortunately we are stuck with lemons that can fail at any time.

My retailer which I bought the CS UB from actually approached DJI for a refund on my behalf and I have to send the unit it for an assessment. I've had the unit for 6mths

I can’t speak for the HB model, but the UB is useless. Such a waste to bring this untested product to market. Mine has had shutdown and “no connection’ issues rendering it unreliable.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
I can’t speak for the HB model, but the UB is useless. Such a waste to bring this untested product to market. Mine has had shutdown and “no connection’ issues rendering it unreliable.

Sorry to hear that. There has been an isolated issue with a production batch of CS Ultra. We have hundreds of operators running CS units dating back to late summer last year and they love them. You should not have these issues. I would recommend getting that swapped it for a replacement either with DJI directly or the dealer it was purchased from. Hope you find success.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143