DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All of my SanDisk MicroSDs are getting write-protected

swb_mct

Reactions
I have had three 32GB SanDisk MicroSD get write-protected by Windows 10. But no disk utilities can fix them. DiskPart Remove Write Protect commands, and Windows format commands do nothing. Anyone run into this ? I never had that problem until Win10 and I have used these SanDisk chips on all sorts of other equipment as well.

I have not seen this with or from any of my win10 machines and I format a lot both micro and SD and compact flash.

Is there a parameter set somewhere in the OS?

If you can find someone with a Mac, you might try formatting one exfat as that is the same as Fat32. Just a thought.

Paul Caldwell

I never realized the SD-to-MicroSD adaptor had a read only tab on it. That was the problem. Never had it happen before and I use them a lot for videos from my phone.

Glad u got it figured out.

I quit using those adapters due to write errors with the Mavic files in fact all scam disk adapters.

Paul C

Yeah, the write-protect tab on the SD card adaptors are usually quite loose, they often switch over just inserting/removing in my experience. You can actually write protect a uSD card, though this requires software - nothing physical on them.

there are many methods to remove write protection from sd card. you can remove write protection using diskpart method, regedit, formating tools etc. but all these methods are not working for everyone so you have to try one by one.
you can remove write protection using SDFormatter v4 , it can format your card with a single click. It can solve the write protection error and return your card to it’s normal state. Many memory cards have a ‘confidential area’ and the SDFormatter will not erase anything from that space. Follow this guide for more methods.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr