DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All this waiting for my Mavic has forced my hand..

Nice bird. I always wanted to pick up a Nano CP S, but I never got my Blade CX2 to every feel responsive and I hated how they (Blade) created their blade to break on any little impact.

Thanks! The CX2's were pretty dull in the learning experience IMHO. I'm still waiting for Blade to rerelease a mCpx BL v2 or something as it was the bird that taught me to fly and was surprisingly durable for a micro collective pitch heli.

I'm a blade fan, unlike many, as with limited time I really enjoy the BNF options to fly without waiting. I was bummed when they discontinued the 360cfx as I was about to snag one and leave everything else behind because it was bigger than the 450's

Sold my P3A, waiting on the mavic. I had my Nano Cp-x and my mCpx BL out the other day. It was a while since I flew them, forgot what it was like to actually have to fly instead of the quad doing it all for me. But then I crashed the mCpx and now it won't bind :(

Sold my P3A, waiting on the mavic. I had my Nano Cp-x and my mCpx BL out the other day. It was a while since I flew them, forgot what it was like to actually have to fly instead of the quad doing it all for me. But then I crashed the mCpx and now it won't bind :(

lol...if you have something else to fly to practice i'd pick it up every now and then...even with a nice high tech phantom or mavic in your hands id keep the manual skills up to date in the case you have to go manual with the mavic or phantom...it'll definitely work in your favor when that situation comes...if it never does that's good...but id definitely keep my skills crisp in the event it happens...small thing you gotta do to keep those expensive ones in the sky instead of in a tree or river lol

lol, yea it's a shock to the system when you have no GPS! Is the boards blue light flashing on the mCpx? Try the rebind process a few times and if that fails I'd call Horizon

I believe the slow blink means an incorrect bind and the fast blink would mean no bind

Yes exactly fast blink, and it just won't bind, I'm going to have to send it out for repair. I have 2 mcpx bl boards now doing the same thing. The Nano is still my favorite though even if it's under powered. It's what I learned to fly inverted on, well, learning still. ;)

Reactions: DesJardins
Broke out the Blade Nano... :rolleyes:

Flying without GPS is kind of fun.. and frustrating... but also fun...

What are you flying while waiting for the Mavic?

I still have my first drone (and only drone... until the Mavic arrives), my trusty P2-non-vision that I fly whenever I get the chance.

Also, for me any way, "too windy" means I don't want to have to fight head winds when I'm trying to return with a low battery! I already lost my P2 once. I was flying at dusk and the drone went into FS mode due to low battery. I had walked with my drone from the original launch area and was quite far away from the original launch area... my drone didn't make it back and set down in a rocky, hilly, field. Luckily, is set down between 3 or 4 small boulders/large rocks. It looked like I had set it down intentionally it landed so nicely! BUT... I didn't find it until the next day!! I was so nervous that it was gone for good.

Reactions: Dronebow
lol, yea it's a shock to the system when you have no GPS! Is the boards blue light flashing on the mCpx? Try the rebind process a few times and if that fails I'd call Horizon

I believe the slow blink means an incorrect bind and the fast blink would mean no bind
Oddly when I got out my QX and charged the batteries it would not bind. I had to go through the bind process to get it to work. Then when I changed the battery for the next flight I had to bind it again. Weird.

Oddly when I got out my QX and charged the batteries it would not bind. I had to go through the bind process to get it to work. Then when I changed the battery for the next flight I had to bind it again. Weird.

Yea that is strange for sure, haven't had any issues with binding. Did have an issue with the first version of DSM & was supposed to have compatibility with DSMx Rx's... well down went the TREX 600 esp from a brown out. HH covered the replacement parts for the ESP so I was very lucky

Last edited:
Would you recommend the Parrot disco or is it overpriced for what it's worth ?

Ouch on that price tag IMHO what I'm seeing

The Parrot Disco looks cool but I prefer the support and parts availability that you get with a Horizon Hobbies product. Check out their E-Flite line up.

Couldn't agree more, at least with a Spektrum transmitter your not limited on options and can fly all sorts of goodies if you go HH

Reactions: E92Vancouver
QAV-250, Inspire, and P4.

Not selling any because each one has it's own purpose and does something a little bit different than the other.

Almost forgot my indoor BeeDuctrix fpv drone. It's great when you want to have a nice cold craft beer and get some stick time.

I've been waiting for that kit to hit the "in stock" status again

the syma drones for the price are pretty acceptable too...the have a wifi fpv cam which is just crap because of lag...but just to fly around the house they're great for the price...very responsive and stable...honestly i was impressed by it...for being so cheap

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks! I'll check them out also

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011...=syma+x5sw&dpPl=1&dpID=412HkfP2z1L&ref=plSrch

i have this one and the wifi connection works good in a house but outside the camera is useless...but the quality of flying with it is great..very stable and it can do flips and barrel rolls...it's decent size but very light so it's not great with wind...for the price i believe it's worth it especially to practice with

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Guess I'm a rebel.. I don't know how bad the wind was blown off the coast of Sydney but I'm willing to bet the gusts were above 30 with sustained winds of at least 20 to 25. My P3 performed flawlessly. Scared the crap out of me but I was on the other side of the world, had traveled about an hour to get to this spot and it was just too dang beautiful not to. :D

About 2:40 in is where the video of the cliffs start. Again, I didn't have an anemometer so I'm guessing at the wind speed.

Love that Jediah song...

Reactions: dam

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78