DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost Fly Away Mavic Mini. Thanks for the info in this forum my MM survive!

Rmcolon

Reactions
I was flying my MM in my apartments complex. Not the best place because the 2 story buildings create an upward air flow. When I was returning home (manually) at 150ft, I notice that, even with all the right stick in 100%, the MM wasn't moving and start slowly going back. No "High wind" alert what so ever. I remember a post with the recommendation of lower the altitude and change to sport mode. YES! That worked like a charm (or luck?). The MM start slowly to go forward toward me and finally landed safe. Thanks for the experience of some members (or tragic loss of their aircraft) of this forum I save my $400 drone.

Glad you got it back safely and good to hear you were clearly thinking and didn't panic. Great job!

I was flying my MM in my apartments complex. Not the best place because the 2 story buildings create an upward air flow. When I was returning home (manually) at 150ft, I notice that, even with all the right stick in 100%, the MM wasn't moving and start slowly going back. No "High wind" alert what so ever. I remember a post with the recommendation of lower the altitude and change to sport mode. YES! That worked like a charm (or luck?). The MM start slowly to go forward toward me and finally landed safe. Thanks for the experience of some members (or tragic loss of their aircraft) of this forum I save my $400 drone.
and that is why you should become a Premium Member and support this site. The info here just saved you $400 :)

• Wow
Reactions: Rmcolon
and that is why you should become a Premium Member and support this site. The info here just saved you $400 :)

Well played...I will seriously consider that.

Reactions: Torcan
Yes, with the Mini in the higher winds... stay calm, stay low, and 'S' mode with what's left of battery. Situation with me was that my Mini kept drifting further away from me (having been blown back past me ..Whoops!). Poor thing.. Struggling like heck and losing ground, was headed back toward homes. Fortunately the tide was still out so I finally had to say 'THAT's IT" ...Land that puppy!" I picked a suitable dry point and just set it down and walked to fetch it 2020-Apr-07_Liz-Bill_15aAve.jpg2020-Apr-07_BBay.jpg

To be honest, if that happens to my M2P ($1,600) is going to be difficult not to panic...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111