DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternative

Is typhoon H a good alternative to mavic? As far as range/speed/ only feature I need is a reliable RTH in case I rarely need it

Typhoon H - camera can be upgraded; its huge though. Has 6 props can land with a dead motor. Stock camera is about 2 generations back . No 3rd party applications and its wifi. After using light ridge on DJIs stuff you will notice lag on the H. That said it's a decent bird that is close to the Mavic in price.

I have an Autel X-Star Premium. It's pretty similar to a P3P (build-wise too), but I prefer DJI's drones over them since they are more feature-rich and are always introducing new technology. DJI does circles around Autel technology-wise.
I remember when drones were basically an idea and experimental if I'm remembering correctly I believe Autel was the maker of a Crude Flight Controller that worked and the User programed it themselves .
Please correct me if I'm wrong

Typhoon H - camera can be upgraded; its huge though. Has 6 props can land with a dead motor. Stock camera is about 2 generations back . No 3rd party applications and its wifi. After using light ridge on DJIs stuff you will notice lag on the H. That said it's a decent bird that is close to the Mavic in price.
The Yuneec Typhoon H is also RF and the camera has been upgraded , they also added OA that was designed by Intel ---- In my opinion I think Yuneec is going to be front runner against DJI and DJI knows it .
My next bird is going to be the Typhoon-H520 just waiting for it to come out

..... [being mean to others in thread]...]

Your replies in this thread are disrespectful and out of line. You asked a question, others have taken you at face value and tried to answer, and it appears you are just trolling them or trying to pick a fight with others because you are angry at DJi. Others in this forum have found ways to be upset at DJi without disrespecting other forum members. There are many things Dji does people don't like, but I don't punch my neighbor over it.

And as a side note, your main target in this thread, Msinger, is one of the most trusted users on this forum. Attacking him makes it hard to take you seriously.

In short, I like that this forum has remained insulated against internet trolls , I hope you join us in keeping it that way

When my mavic had its crash I sent it into DJI, the repair shops was stateside, California. Sure it's on the other side of the country to me (FL) but better than China. Didn't take long. I honestly haven't experienced any heartache with DJI customer service. Part of it might be me, understanding it's not as simple as swapping out the props, Maybe drones of this caliber shouldn't be available to the general public...

I own an Autel... can't recommend them. It is OK, but they have been shrinking the staff lately, haven't released the promised firmware for months now... same with the optional cameras, the app is rarely updated and DJI is suing them. They had a good start but have faltered along the way. I don't see them being in the game much longer unless they pull a miracle outta their hat.

I own an Autel... can't recommend them. It is OK, but they have been shrinking the staff lately, haven't released the promised firmware for months now... same with the optional cameras, the app is rarely updated and DJI is suing them. They had a good start but have faltered along the way. I don't see them being in the game much longer unless they pull a miracle outta their hat.
Interesting I didn't know DJI was suing them too? if that's the case it could mean the end of Autel if there also going through a financial crisis
I know DJI tried to sue Yuneec for infringement of there OA (Obstacle Avoidance) patent and Lost the case.
I do expect DJI to try and sue other drone manufactures in the future for patent infringement there really afraid to get knocked off there pedestal.
I know DJI has the finances to waste, What I don't understand is why or how DJI thinks they invented all the options that there drones have ? The technology has always been known and used at one time or another --- The only reason I see DJI doing this to another manufacturer is to financially brake them by burdening them with lawsuits that costs big bucks to fight in court .
I know electronic circuitry patents are very tricky to make a claim of infringement, not only does the operation of the circuit have to be the same the circuit itself (meaning components) have to be identical too B4 you can claim infringement .

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
See more details about that here.
I just browsed through it lolllll --- DJI is suing Autel because it there Bird looks like a DJI ???
How many logical and simple designs of a 4 rotor drone are there ????
If DJI wins this case a lot of drone manufactures better save there money for court lollll
Thanks for the link and your LED's with mounts are awesome MikeThumbswayup I recommend them to Mavic owners looking for orientation lights

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
I owned both Yuneec and Autel. I won't go into detail on the negatives I would recommend Autel. There is a qualifier though ... The XSP is somewhere in between the P3p and the P4 in camera quality. P3p is better than the XSP in every other quality.

Thing is - Autel does look like a knockoff Phantom. Everything from the drone to the remote and even the battery design screams Phantom knockoff. Looks like they ended up making it bright orange to stop confusion.

As for different designs - Yuneec managed it, even if something like the Q500 isn't in the same league as the Phantom 3/4. So have companies like GDU, ZeroTech, ProDrone, Parrot, etc.

I just browsed through it lolllll --- DJI is suing Autel because it there Bird looks like a DJI ???
How many logical and simple designs of a 4 rotor drone are there ????
If DJI wins this case a lot of drone manufactures better save there money for court lollll
Earlier this year RTIC had to stop selling almost all of its coolers and vacuum-insulated drinkware because they all looked too much like Yeti's products. I think it was a trademark case, settled in February. So it does happen.

I have a Mavic Pro and have several of my fellow arborists come check out the drone I have purchased for aerial observation of trees. Just before take-off, I need firmware upgrade. Just a minute guys. What, now my gimbal is malfunctioning. Basically they wished me luck as they giggled and left. How superior is that?

Lol. Nothing ever works when you have an audience.

What I do know about the alternatives is they make big promises but don't deliver.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13